Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei Backupper Disk Clone results in smaller size HDD capacity for new Drive

Hi

I’m writing to find out if there might be a discrepancy for Disk Clone for the free Aomei Backupper in the following or is there a need to purchase a professional license instead:

. Have a SSD c: drive (OS and programs) of around 520GB running in UEFI boot up, Windows 7 x64 SP1.

. The Disk Clone functionality in Aomei Backupper (using latest v3.2) is easy to use and have cloned the entire C: drive to an empty SATA drive just in case the SSD fails in future. So that I do not need to reinstall Windows and programs all over again in the case of a HDD failure.

. However, upon completion of the Disk Clone, the complete copy of Drive C: (Windows OS and programs) was copied to e.g. Drive E: (SATA clone drive), however the size of the cloned drive is smaller than the OS drive, its only around 300GB, ~220GB short of the C: full image???

I’m not sure if this is a limitation of the free edition ofAomei Backupper (although the Free version claims it can do FULL Disk Clone) running in X64 environment. I had thought a Disk Clone will do a FULL image, inclusive of all partitions, of the drive??

PS: My C: SSD is 800GB and the SATA cloned drive is 1TB. So space is not an issue for the cloned drive.

At this moment, I'm doing a files comparison check to find out whats missing, it's going to take time to figure out.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Comments

• We feel sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you try System Clone to see if it's the same size and the System Clone can ensure you boot your system.