Home AOMEI Products Support

Partion Copying with Linux OS

Hello. My situation is complicated so hear me out.

I have two internal hard drives.

Drive One is a dual boot system which has Linux (Fedora) as it's main OS with two paritions (a) a 500 MB boot partiton and (b) a OS partition. The second OS is Windows 7 with a single partition.

Drive Two is a storage drive with a single partition formated NTFS but no OS.

What I wanted to do was copy my Linux paritions from Drive 1 to Drive 2 and dual boot my system that way (have each OS on a seperate drive). So I shrunk the partition on Drive 2 and then copied my two Linux partitions to the unallocated space. I then made both the primary partitions and made the boot partition active.

However, whenever I try to boot from Drive 2 my BIOS throws an error "Missing OS". I'm guessing that the reason for this is because the grub file no longer points to the correct place when looking for the MBR. However, AOMEI does not offer a way to rebuild the MBR for a Linux OS.

First, am I correct in assuming that the missing OS error is because of a grub problem? Second, does anyone know how to fix it in this situation?

Comments

• Sorry for the inconvenience,if you just copy your system partition to another disk it can not boot.What's more,our product do not support Linux.