Home AOMEI Products Support

Backupper fails to write correctly over network using Windows 10

edited October 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

I have been having problems for some time now trying to use Backupper Pro with a couple of Windows 10 machines.

I continually have issues where my backups over my LAN fail, even though there is plenty of space on the remote drive and all permissions are correct.

I get a message "not enough disk space" and on exit a 4138 error is reported.

I have today experimented with replacing my Windows 10 backup server with a Linux server. I get exactly the same results!!!

I have tried mapping the network drive to a drive letter (Z:), but under Windows 10, Backupper does not allow me to select drive Z: as the backup destination (or at least I do not know how to do this).

I ran a test earlier and have recorded the general results in the attached screen captures.

The interesting thing in the screen captures is that the Linux server is still reporting plenty of free space on the backup drive (455 GB) and yet the backup failed. At the time of failure it is still possible to read and right to the backup drive over the network. Also note that at the time of failure the size of the image file being written is actually larger than the normal image files that the system writes on a successfull backup (4194304 KB vs 4186116 KB).

I can successfully backup from the PC when I directly connect the backup drive via a USB cable.

See attached images.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Peter.

imageBackupper-problem-1.png

imageBackupper-problem-2.png

imageBackupper-problem-3.png

imageBackupper-problem-4.png

Comments

• Bump....

Does anyone actually look at these problem reports!!!!

Peter.

• What's your NAS filesystems? 

• My NAS filesystem is FAT32.

• Bump!!!!

• I thought with FAT32 there is a 4GB maximum on the file size.

• Yes that is true.

But why is that an issue????

Backupper has full control of how it splits the data and max file size that it writes.

By default this appears to be in 4GB chunks.

If the same drive is directly connected via USB then the backup works perfectly.

It only fails when trying to write across the network.