Home AOMEI Products Support

Unable to backup and restore an image of PC with Aomei One-key Recovery Partition in place

edited September 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello,

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro and have installed Aomei One-key recovery to create a recovery partition and have it in my Bios Legacy/UEFI boot list. The problem is that I want to create an image, restore the image and have everything configured as it was initially. I have used Acronis 2015, Acronis 2016 and even Backupper Standard to image the system. Every time I restore, all of my partitions are intact but it fails to list the recovery partition in the UEFI boot menu. I have to boot into Windows, launch One-key, go into settings, disable the F11 menu, save, re-enable F11 menu, save and now when I reboot the UEFI information is back in the boot list.

Please please tell me how I can do this. I want to image a turnkey system multiple times and have this configured without having to go through all of these steps on every machine I generate the image on.

Regards,

Eric

Comments

• 11 days and no response....doesn't look like I will be buying any of the commercial versions with this level of support. Also did not hear back from a direct support email. Not good guys....

Eric

• 3 months and zero response....epic failure.

• Sorry for the late reply.

Did you restore it to the original location? or other location?

Waiting for your reply.

• edited December 2015

see here for a partial understanding of the UEFI boot menu manager.

https://www.happyassassin.net/2014/01/25/uefi-boot-how-does-that-actually-work-then/

From this reading it is perfectly well possible that OneKey Recovery is intended on the original computer only. A disk image restore seems not know about the OneKey Recovery partition contained in it, or any bootable partition at all, and possibly cannot know, and does not register it to the UEFI boot menu manager. The restored disk image, on a foreign computer, boots itself by self-healing of Windows Boot Manager. I'm aware mine is a partial answer.

From my partial understanding OneKey recovery (and registration of it to UEFI) is a feature of Windows and not of UEFI boot menu manager. It is definitely true that UEFI does not scan disks for bootable partitions, except looking in ESP and on compactdisks for EFI/boot/bootx64.efi (where x64 be replaceable by ia32 or similar).