Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei boot messages still appear after unistalliation

edited September 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

Hey,

I have used both Aomei Partition assistant and Aomei Backupper in my transition to Windows 10. After finishing my clean installation of windows 10, I no longer needed the programs. It has been a few months since I uninstalled Aomei Backupper, but I am still seeing the message "press key for Aomei recovery" and "choose your operating system" when my computer boots up.

Is there a safe way to remove these messages without harming my computer's boot process?

Comments

• Hi,

Could you please post a picture of the message? Both Partition Assistant and AOMEI Backupper will not add this option. Unless you installed OneKey Recovery.

• I apologize, but yes you're correct I meant OneKey Recovery instead of Backupper.

The First screen is black with white text which reads, "press f11 for Onekey Recovery" and it comes up almost immediately after I turn the computer on. The second Screen says "Choose an Operating System" and appears right before my OS boots up. My choices are either Windows 10 or a OneKey Recovery partition that I know is no longer in existence. If I choose Windows 10 everything works fine, but usually the screen goes away after 3 seconds and chooses Windows 10 automatically.

I'm on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit machine. OneKey Recovery is no longer installed to the computer, and there is no recovery partition.

Is there anything I could do in the registry that might delete these messages?

• mint,

This is because when you uninstall OneKey Recovery, you didn't remove the recovery partition.

You can install OneKey again, then uninstall it. It will prompt a message that whether or not you want to remove all the information. Please click Yes. Then the boot option will be removed. 

• type msconfig in windows run command or searchbar and open up msconfig. in the Boot tab, you will see the entries for AOMEI .. delete the entry. 

• thank you so much Nileshlog ^^ it works