Home AOMEI Products Support

Code 4161 Path not writable

edited September 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello,

I try to use AOMEI using "File Sync".

It starts fine but stops with "Code 4161, path not writable"

The data is copied on the external drive up to a point then stops before completion.

Of course there is plenty of space on the external drive, I started another File Sync job on the same drive. Same thing,stops before completion with same error code. 

Too bad, file sync seems to be just what I'm looking for. What's going on ? How to fix that.

Thanks

Comments

• Jacky,

Please try whether or not you can write a file through the destination path. 

• I sure did. First just a file to the same drive, no problem. Then a new filesync of another directory. Same thing, it starts then stops at some point with same error code.

• Code 4161 - while file syncing - it will list a filename that it skips during syncing AFTER the initial successful sync.   The filename was set to READ ONLY.   Is there a way to file sync read-only files?? Otherwise it's useless.

• Code 4161 - while file syncing - when it finds a read-only file it's about to sync the 2nd time - it errors out and stops working/syncing.   Sorry I thought it was skipping and finishing the job.  That was not the case.