Home AOMEI Products Support

Bootable USB media ends up empty

I just reinstalled my computer using Windows 10 Pro on an MSI Z170A Gaming M7 motherboard with the latest BIOS and drivers.

After installing AOMEI Backupper I performed a system backup and to make sure it's working I tried to make a bootable USB media device but although I'm informed the process completed successfully when checking my USB stick it's completely empty and doesn't contain a single file?!

Comments

• I only have one FAT32 partition on the stick and also the way I understood it the process creating the boot media will start by formatting the USB stick. Not sure if it's supposed to only format the already existing partition or create a new one.

Why do you think it would make all contents hidden? And even if it would I have Explorer configured to show both hidden as well as system files.

Since posting my question I tried creating the bootable media on a DVD instead but with the same result, nothing on the DVD although it told me the process finished successfully.

The only way I've found to work around the problem is to create an ISO image and then manually burn it to a DVD.

I'm using the Windows PE option to make sure an NVMe driver will be included allowing me to see my Samsung SM951 NVMe SSD.