Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Backupper : how to move backup images

Hi everybody.

I'm a AOMEI Backupper standard enthusiast user and I would appreciate if you will be so kind to answer to this question.

I created several SO Full Backups which I stored in a secondary partition of my HD.
Now I need to free some space and, of course, I don't want to lose my backups so I thought I could move them to an external HD.

Though, since AOMEI Backupper lists all the backups I performed in the UI, I wasn't sure I could move backup images simply dragging and dropping them from an HD to another so, before I could do any serious damage, I made a little test simply renaming the folder where backups are located and checked whether AOMEI Backupper should automatically point to the new directory.

As I feard eventually test faild and even all the backups were still listed in the AOMEI UI I wasn't able to manage them in any way. Edit, restore... any operation was unbale to be perfomed.

Although I was able to perform RESTORE by bwrosing my system for an .adi file this is not an optimal solutiion since I coudn't do anything else than resotring and denied any other action like the very imporant incremental/diffrential backup.

So there is the question at last : Is there a way to correctly move backup images in order to have AOMEI Backupper a full control on them?

Thank you in advance for your precious help.

Regards

Comments

• Hi,

You can click Advanced--Edit Backup, then you can select another location to store the image.