Home AOMEI Products Support

Cloned my disk how do i put this on new Drive?

Last week I did a clone of my old laptop 40 gb hard drive onto an external usb 500 gb hard drive as the originaldrive was about to fail.

I have subsequently instaledl a new drive, which is obviously blank. So how do I now get the clone from the USB drive onto this newly installed drive?

Thanks  in anticipation?

Comments

• Hello, we have replied to your email, please check.

• I need the same information, please.
  • edited March 2014
    Hello yodaforce,

In the case above, you may have to create AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition(freeware) bootable media firstly, then installed the newly hard drive and enter BIOS to change boot order (change boot order to boot from the device of AOMEI Bootable media), after that, boot from AOMEI Bootable media and then use Copy Disk Wizard to clone the source disk to the new disk. Finally, change the BOOT ORDER to original, then restart the computer, it can be boot from the newly hard drive.

Besides, if you can connect both the source and the target as external disk, you can directly do the clone operation and then install the new disk in the laptop.

BTW, our software support directly create bootable media without windows AIK/ADK for windows Vista and later versions. You can refer to this tutorial: http://www.disk-partition.com/help/make-bootable-cd-wizard.html

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team