Home AOMEI Products Support

clone drive not bootable

edited February 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

I have tried now a couple of times to clone my C drive to a new drive. it seems to clone fine but when i swap it out it will not boot, it says cannot find bootmgr. how can I clone the new drive so it boots up? thanks GB

Comments

• Hello,

As for your problem, could you specify out more details of your steps, so that we can analyze the problem for you in an efficient way. 

Best Regards,

Kim

• Hello kim, I am trying to clone my main hardrive to a larger drive. it seems to work find, but the new drive doesn't boot. I looked at the drive and it seems to have all the files, but when I try to boot it says missing operating system, at one point it said couldn't find bootmgr

• I forgot to add it is a windows 8.1 opertaing system

• Hello,

Sorry, I did not get which software you use, The clone feature of our backup software currnetly cannot guarantee the cloned disk to be boot. I suggest you delete the OS partition on the destination disk and then do a system back and restore the system to destination. Or you can try the Migrate OS function of Partition Assistant Standard Edition to migrate your OS to have a try.

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team