which is a member on my Homegroup in Windows 10.   Backupper can find
the path and even create a new folder on the server, but fails to
process the task.   Complete Error message:  "Failed to access the
network path, please check if your username, password, and network path
are correct".   Acronis True Image has not issues in backing up to this
server.   Any ideas?????

Comments

• Happened to me too...To fix,

Regardless of Windows 8.1, probably 10 also...you will need to give specific permissions. Sharing wizard doesnt do it completely.

Go to properties of the folder you  want to share.

Click Share button, make sure Homegroup is added and has Read/Write permission. Click Share. While still in Sharing tab,

Click Advanced Sharing button, click permissions button, click add button, find HomeGroupUsers, not the $ one, doubleclick, click ok, its added now, click to allow full control, click ok, now in Advanced Sharing tab again, click Share this folder button at top, click ok.

Go to Security tab and make sure HomeUsers has all allowable check marks.

Click ok.

Now you should have given full rights to Home Users.

I would re-boot Win, or give 5-10 min to take effect for all network changes.

Back out of Aomei backup settings and start over to add NAS or Network Share.ofci

Aomei should now recognize...

Worked for me.

• Thank you so much!   Your solution fixed the issue.   Windows 10 upgrade has really messed with the permissions needed to access external drives.

• Well, I spoke to soon.   It worked one time the next time the connection failed again.  Have checked all settings and permissions and restarted all computers.   Even reset all homegroup sharing permissions.

• Hello same issue i am facing, i did everything you said ,even before such settings were there

I have master personal computer  WIN 7 ULTIMATE which created homegroup and connected WIN 8.1 lap to it............. now i want to put my back up of WIN 7 COMPUTER on a drive in win 8.1... now same situation i am stuck up into .......... this above error comes up when i browse for my folders  in network path when selecting back up location and

another error says when i ADD share/NAS path "the specified path does not exist or is not writable, please select other writable path"