Home AOMEI Products Support

[Solved] Cannot boot after disk restore - Error 0xc0000225

edited February 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello and thanks for this usefull product!

I did a full disk backup of my laptop (W8 OEM pre installed) in order to try Ubuntu 13.10, all the backup process went without any problems as well as trying out ubuntu following AOMEI's tutorial.

Once I wanted to put back Windows 8's backup, I restored using WinPE on a usb stick following AOMEI's tutorial once again (restore disk), no errors. After doing so, I set up the bios back to UEFI and restart the computer to but back on the OS. This is were the trouble start as I'm facing a Blue Screen with the following error code:

0xc0000225

ayour PC needs to be repaired

Trouble is, even when booting and starting the repair it doesn't seems like beeing able to boot it...

Do you have any advice on this? I recon I might not be the only one facing the issue.

Tried:

- removing partitions using gparted and restore over: no luck

- fixmbr: no luck

- boot-repair (ubuntu): no luck

- bootrec: no luck

- diskpart: no luck

I have the feeling that the restore does its job but something must be different and needs to be fiwed but what?

Any help would be very nice, I've been searching/trying for the past 3 days and so far still no luck on that

Comments

• allright, after doing it all over once again and following those steps:

http://www.qliktips.com/2012/11/fix-windows-8-boot-issue.html

especially the end when you need to assign a letter to the hidden partition, then bcdboot it to recreate uefi configuration.

glad to finally made it threw even if as usual Windows is a pain in the a**, too bad ubuntu doesn't work for touchscreen/multi touch pad of my Vaio flip.

may be some of those details needs to be written somewhere on tutorials over here.

good point about all this: do not need to waste money in an external USB key recovery and just need to store the backup (37Gb) somewhere safe (i.e a NAS :))

hope it'll helps anybody passing by and having this issue

Cheers and thanks again for the tool

• edited February 2014

eeeek double post despite the wrong captcha on my first attemp, you can delete this post