Home AOMEI Products Support

How to make USB mouse working in Aomei WinPE?

Hi,

My USB mouse (wireless, logitech) doesn't work in WinPE.

I thought I had to add the driver alone (an .inf file) but I only have an 'exe' file. So a program to install the mouse.

I could not really navigate in WinPE with the arrow keys or tabs etc. either. So adding it there doesn't work.

Do I have to add this program somehow when I build WinPE?

Comments

• I have a logitech mouse and added the msmouse.inf and usb.inf into the WinPE building program.

No luck.

Anyone suggestions to get this working?

• I have a Logitech wireless mouse and didn't have to do anything to have it work with the PE AFAIK, all Logitech mice can use the Microsoft drivers.

Do you have a ps2 mouse you can plug in to test.

• PE doesn't natively support wireless. (Though dot3 seems to be included in win10 winre) .

Just adding the drivers won't do it.Building wireless support into winpe is not trivial.

What operating system and bit version are you using?

• Both my Logitech keyboard and mouse (Mk320 combo) work just fine, the receiver is in a USB 2 port.

I use Win 7 HE 64 bit.

The only drivers added were for the USB 3 ports (on the mobo).

• I have the same problem. My Logitech usb wireless mouse and keyboard do not work in WinPE. I have two machines, with one it´s working, with the other not.

Win7 pro, 64bit, uefi installation.

Hope someone can help, Jotha

• This is likely a driver issue.  During the creation of the Win PE there's an option to add drivers.  At this point it could be a few things.  The PE might need drivers for your USB port (this is likely the case if the USB port is USB 3).  It's also possible that the mouse doesn't use the default USB mouse driver, in which case you'd need the custom driver for the mouse.

These screenshots show how to add the driver files.  You'll be looking for the folder with the xxxx.inf file or files for your device.  You may need to go to the manufactuer's website to locate the driver if you don't have a disc handy.

Another, faster option if the mouse doesn't require a custom driver is to try in a different USB port in case the port the mouse's radio receiver is plugged into isn't recognized in the PE.