Home AOMEI Products Support

PreOS Mode

I am trying to resize my hard drive.  Everytime I hit apply I receive a message that states the change must take place during PreOS Mode but everytime I reboot it just goes reboot back into windows (not PreOS Mode) without making any changes to the drive.  Not sure if I need to do anything else to complete the requested changes.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Comments

• Hello edeleon,

We are so sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please give us a detailed description about what you want to do and what is your partition configuration? So taht we can give you some efficiently solutions.

To solve the issue, please check if there is pagefile located on the related partitions. You may firstly remove pagefile, then resize your hard drive. After you complete resizing partitions, reconfigure pagefile.

Also, you can create AOMEI Partition Assistant bootable CD (this program support directly create WinPE bootable disc without installing WinAIK/ADK) and then boot from the CD to resize the partition. This method is safe and stable as you can resize the partition without starting OS.

Best Regards

AOMEI Support Team

• I have got exactly the same problem. I downloded the free standard edition to try before buying the Pro version but I cannot get anything to work.

I have a 1TB drive in a Dell laptop with Windows 8.1 and I just want to reduce the size of a pratition. When I apply the changes I get a message that says PreOS mode is needed and the laptop will reboot. When it does reboot PreOS mode does not start - the laptop just boots into Windows and nothing has changed.