Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEIBackupper Pro: Support of large drives > 2 TB

I have now several external USB 3.0 drives > 2 TB. Even with V2.5 it seems that AOMEI Backupper can't backup such a drive.
ON the other hand it allows to backup to drives > 2 TB, but when I create a boot disk for a restore, none of the drives > 2 TB is recognized.

With prices < $100 for large drives it shouldn't be that uncommon and an increasing amount of users will use large drives. Any solution for backup of a large drive?

Comments

• Since Backupper can't backup the drive, did you receive any error messages? Would you send some screenshot of it? 

You need to add drivers for the boot disk to recognize the drive.

AOMEI Backupper bootable media is createdbased on the kernel of Windows operation system. However Windows only containsbasic drivers, so AOMEI Backupper bootable media may not support some of yourdevices. In this case, you can manually add the drivers to AOMEI Backupperbootable media.

Solution

Please take a look at the picture below:

In the lower left corner, you will find the“Add driver” button. This function only appears when you attempt to createbootable disc. So if you want to add additional drivers in the bootable disc,you may need to recreate AOMEI Backupper recovery disc. Here we go:

1.        You should download the driverfrom Internet and then extract it to a proper place.

2.        Click "Add Driver"button and go to the directory where the driver was extracted to locate thenecessary files (in the directory there should have a driver folder). If youhave several drivers, you can add them all at the same time. After that, theprogram will automatically generate the drivers into the WinPE bootable disc.

3.        Burn your own custom AOMEIBackupper recovery disc. 

• AOMEIBackupper has no error message. It's as simple that if I select Backup and then Disk Backup. In Step 1, I click to select the disk I want to back up. None of my drives with > 2 TB shows in the list.
    The same is true if I select Partition Backup. None of the Partitions on drives > 2 TB shows in the list.

Interestingly enough in Step 2 where I can select where to backup to, I can select the > 2 TB drives.

• Any update, comment on the topic of supporting > 2 TB drives. By the way I am using Windows 7 64bit.