Home Storage General Discussion

External HDD?

I just purchased a Pro license only to find out Backupper Pro will not do a system clone to a USB external HDD. And if I try a disk clone it won't do that either because there are more than three partitions. Getting back to the disk clone issue, my HP Notebook has the usual HDD and my backups go to an external HDD. They are both HDD's which are basically the same thing. The thing that gets me is directly below "System Clone" is the sentence "Clone or migrate your system to SSD or other disk." The keyword is "disk". And the first "D" in HDD stands for "disk". So...why can't I do a "system clone" to a USB HDD?

A disk is a disk is a disk...period.

I'm running a Win8.1 trying to do a system clone to a WD "Passport Ultra".

Comments

• I recommend you do a system backup in case of system crash. I assume your HDD is an MBR disk. If you want to do disk clone,You have to covert it to GPT first.

• @ ganon1 1000

I have tried to go the disk image route. The problem is that Backupper Pro will not make images which have more than three partitions.

• That is not normal. can you send some screenshots when you choose source disk doing disk clone or disk backup?

• Nope it's GPT. I have since tried to do a "disk clone", I select the drive I want to clone then when I click "next" Backupper Pro freezes. Clicking "next" does not go anywhere. For now I have been using "Disk Backup".