Home AOMEI Products Support

How to create Rescue USB Stick for Tablet with Win 8.1 32 and Efi-Bios

edited February 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

After installation of Backupper on my Lenovo Tablet 2  (Win 8.1/32bit/Efi) I made many attempts to create a rescue USB stick - without any sucess so far. Both AOMEI-possibilities - the tool inside Backupper as well as PE Builder 1.4 - failed with this error message:

"System doen't have any USB boot option".

Only one solution did work: Creating a rescue USB stick from inside Windows with the system recovery function of Microsoft. This Microsoft tool is also PE based, but its functionality is strictly limited for Microsofts system recovery technique.

I searched the web intensively, but I found only vague information, saying that creation of a bootable USB stick for Efi-based 32bit Windows system might be a problem.

Is there really no solution?

Regards

Frank

Comments

• @ ganon11000

Turning off secure boot was one of the first things, which I did. - without success.

I made also several attempts with different tools to create an bootable USB stick, but all failed. The only solution, that worked so far, was to create a recovery USB stick with the system recovery function within Win 8.1. This is the prove, that there is a way - but no available 3rd party tool including AOMEI Backupper does manage it.

Frank