Home AOMEI Products Support

OneKey Recovery "Error 5 Access Denied" on ammntdrv.sys

edited February 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

I tried to install OneKey on Windows 10 Tech Preview.  Got the above
error.  Tried it by choosing Run as Administrator, and then tried it
directly from the Administrator account.  Got the same error each time. 
Took ownership of ammntddrv.sys. and still got the same error.  I have
had NO problems with this program in Win 8.1.  Is it just incompatible
with 10?  If so, I can wait, but I would love to be able to install it
on 10 since it is, by definition, an experimental machine and it would
be handy to be able to nuke a crashed system and just recovery from the
OneKey partition.

Comments

• Ctdavid,

That file is ordinarily stored in c:\windows\system32.  It's possible that Windows 10 may have even stricter access to the Windows folder than 8.1, 8 or 7 did.  If anyone else is running Windows 10 he or she may be able to shed light on it.  

• SOLVED!  The answer is that Backupper cannot be installed first.  OneKey must be installed first, then Backupper may be installed afterwards.  I have no idea why I thought to uninstall Backupper, but this worked.  Hope this helps someone else in my position.

• While I haven't replicated your issue, what you describe makes me think that file must be used by the Aomei Scheduler Service in addition to any other functionality it may possess.  When you installed Backupper, that service was installed and set to run.  If both programs use it, and the service is already running you wouldn't be able to overwrite it.  Just a thought, but one way to find out for sure is to install Backupper, stop the service, then try to install One Key.  Granted, you've got it running, so there's not much point in you experimenting any more.

• Daryl, I have lots of machines.  I will try that scenario on one of them just to see what happens.  Thanks for the possible explanation.  I will check back with results soon.