How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone? (5 Methods)
Want to transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone? Read on this guide to get 5 ways to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
It has been more than ten years since the first-generation iPhone was released. Now the new iPhone SE is released and you may just get one to replace your old iPhone 6/7. You may be looking for a way to transfer your personal data to the new device, especially your precious photos. The longer your old iPhone has been used, the more photos that need to be transferred. Then, how to transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone efficiently?
I’m going to show you how to transfer pictures from iPhone to iPhone with five ways in this article. You may pick a way that works best for you.
It’s the simplest way to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone. AOMEI MBackupper, one professional iPhone transfer tool can help you transfer data between iPhones without effort.
● It allows you to select specific photos instead of transferring all photos each time.
● It can transfer photos from different albums, such as Cameral Roll, Photo Library, Photo Share, etc.
● It will not erase any existing pictures or any other data on the device.
● It has clear interface and user-friendly design, so, you can figure it out quickly even for the first time.
You do not need to consider various limitations of other methods. Download and install it on a Windows PC (Windows 10 /8.1/8/7 supported). Then, follow the guidance below:
Stage 1: Backup photos on the old iPhone to PC
1. Connect your old iPhone to your computer with a USB cable. Tap “Trust This Computer” on your iPhone.
2. Launch AOMEI MBackupper. Click “Photos Backup”.
3. Your iPhone will be detected automatically. Click the photo icon to select the photos that need to be transferred. If you want to transfer all of them, just skip to step 4.
4. Change the default backup location based on your needs. You are allowed to backup to local disks or external hard drives.
5. Click on the “Start Backup” button to start backing up your photos. When the backup is complete, you can disconnect your old iPhone.
Stage 2: Restore photos from PC to the new iPhone
1. Connect your new iPhone to your computer and tap “Trust This Computer”.
2. Click the three-line button on the backup task you just created and select "Restore" to restore the backed up photos.
3. Your new iPhone is detected automatically. Click on the “Start Restore” button to transfer all the backed up photos to the new iPhone. You can also click the photo icon to select part of the photos to be restored.
Before you start, you should make sure that both iPhones are running iOS 8.3 or later and they are signed in with the same Apple ID. Also they should be connected to Wi-Fi. Then, follow the steps below:
1. Upload your photos to iCloud on the old iPhone.
1.1. Open Settings and select your name at the top. Then, tapiCloud.
1.2. At the top of the iCloud menu, you’ll see a storage bar labeled iCloud. Check if your iCloud storage is enough for all of your photos.
1.3. Tap Photo and toggle on iCloud Photos. It may take some time for all of your photos to transfer to the cloud.
2. Download your photos from iCloud on the new iPhone.
2.1. Access the iCloud menu as you do on your old iPhone.
2.2. Tap Photo and toggle on iCloud Photos.
2.3. Select either Optimize iPhone Storage or Download and Keep Originals. The former option will store space-saving photos on your device while keep original, full-resolution versions in iCloud.
2.4. After all your photos are downloaded, you can open your Photos app and select All Photos to view them.
iTunes can only transfer photos from your old iPhone’s Camera Roll. To transfer photos via iTunes, you need to turn off iCloud Photos first. Please note that syncing photos from iTunes can overwrite your current photo library on your new iPhone, so backup photos on the new iPhone if necessary. Now follow the steps below to sync photos via iTunes:
1. Transfer photos from your old iPhone to computer.
● Windows PC: Connect your old iPhone to PC or laptop with a USB cable --> In the AutoPlay
popup, click Import Pictures and Videos --> Select a destination for the
iPhone photos --> Click Import.
● Mac: Connect your iPhone to Mac with a USB cable --> Launch iPhoto --> Select the photos you wish to transfer --> Click Import or Import Selected.
2. Sync photos from PC to your new iPhone.
2.1. Connect your new iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
2.2. Launch iTunes. Click your device icon and then click the Photos header.
2.3. Check Sync Photos and choose to copy photos from an application or a folder.
2.4. Click Apply to start syncing photos from PC to your new iPhone.
To transfer photos from one iPhone to another with AirDrop, the two iPhones need to be iPhone 5 or later running at least iOS 7. Detailed steps are shown below:
1. Enable AirDrop on both iPhones.
1.1. Open Control Center. On iPhone X or later you may swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen while on iPhone 8 or earlier you need to swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
1.2. Press and hold the network settings block on the upper-left corner of the Control Center.
1.3. Tap on AirDrop and select either Contacts Only or Everyone to send/receive AirDrops to/from you.
2. Share photos with AirDrop on the old iPhone.
2.1. Open the Photos app and find the pictures you want to send to another iPhone.
2.2. Tap the Share icon in the lower-left corner once you’ve selected the desired photos.
2.3. Tap AirDrop. Then, tap on your new iPhone’s name to share photos with it.
3. Receive photos on your new iPhone by tapping “Accept” when you receive a message. The photos will be added to the Photos app on the new iPhone.
Email is also a good way to transfer photos between iPhones:
Install your favorite email client on both iPhones --> Write a new email on your old iPhone with all desired photos attached --> Send the email --> Open email inbox on your new iPhone and download all the attachments.
This page shows you how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone with five efficient methods—mBackupper, iCloud, iTunes, AirDrop, and email. mBackupper can not only help you transfer photos between iPhones, but also transfer music, videos, etc. It enables you to backup your iPhone to PC easily. Why not try it now?