The Need to Transfer Photos from iPhone 6/6s to Computer
“I always want to back up photos from my iPhone to my computer. In this way, I will get a
copy of all my photos so that I can easily share with family and friends. What is the most
convenient way to back up photos from iPhone to PC? I hope you can help me. Thank you a
Many people have such kind of trouble. There are a lot of precious pictures stored on the
iPhone, and then you want to transfer them to your computer in case of data loss or iPhone
loss, or your iPhone is running out of space and you want to transfer the images to your
computer to free up the storage, or you just bought a new iPhone and you want to have your
old pictures transferred to your new iPhone.
If you are looking for a way to transfer photos from iPhone 6/6s to a computer, we will share
various options here. Based on my experience, if you own a Windows PC, I highly recommend
that you try Method 1, which is the easiest and most effective of all the methods I have
Method 1. Transfer Photos from iPhone 6/6s to
Computer with mBackupper
mBackupper is an iPhone to Windows
PC transfer software which allows you to easily transfer not only photos, but also messages,
music, videos and contacts to your PC with Windows system on a simple pane. It gives you
flexible selection to meet your needs. It is an ideal and extremely useful solution to
protect your important iPhone data from loss or damage. If you use Windows PC, mBackupper is
your best choice.
Now we will show you how to transfer photos from iPhone 6/6s to Computer with mBackupper.
First, download and install mBackupper on your computer for free.
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable. Then tap Trust This Computer on
your iPhone 6/6s.
2. On the home screen, you have 2 options, Click Custom Backup or Photos Backup. Chose Photos
3. You can click the icon to select the pictures that you want to back up and click the
4. Then specify a path as the destination to store the backup on PC.
5. At last click Start Backup to start the transfer and wait for it to complete task.
6. When your images backup is completed. You can see all backup tasks in the Backup
Method 2. Transfer Photos from iPhone 6/6s to
Computer with Windows Photos
This method is applicable to iPhone users with a PC running the latest Windows 10.
The Photo application is a software available on Windows 10 that organizes all your photos in
one folder. This app also could be used to edit, delete or share photos. It is designed to
work with your OneDrive account. If you don't have it, don't worry. You can still
use this program to back up your images.
1. Plug your iPhone into your computer with the USB cable.
2. Launch the program using the Windows Start menu or search bar.
3. Click the Import icon in the upper right corner of the Photos app.
4. By default, the app will import all available images. If you only want to back up needed
photos, just click on the photos you don't want to import. This will deselect these
5. Click Continue to start transferring photos to your computer.
Method 3. Transfer Photos from iPhone 6/6s to
Computer with Windows Explorer
To transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer, you can realize it on a Windows
computer with Windows Explorer. The advantage of this approach is that it works on older
Windows computers and laptops. However, Windows Explorer can only detect your camera roll
photos. These are the images you took with your iPhone. Photo Gallery and other images under
the Photo Stream, synchronized photos, and photos from iCloud Sharing cannot be
1. Plug your iPhone into your computer or laptop without iTunes running. Wait for the
computer to recognize it.
2. Open my computer and you will see your iPhone as a portable device.
3. Open it and find the folder named DCIM. In DCIM,, you'll find the photos you need to
transfer to your computer. From here, simply copy/cut and paste the photos to the wanted
location on your computer
Keep in mind that if the iPhone image is not displayed in Windows, be sure to unlock the
iPhone first. Otherwise, the iPhone would be found in My Computer, but everything in it
would be invisible and inaccessible. If you meet such situation, all you need to do is touch
the iPhone, unlock the screen, enter your password, and everything will be displayed as
There are many ways to transfer photos from your iPhone 6/6s to your computer. If you
transfer Photos from iPhone 6/6s to Computer with Windows Photos, you have to use a computer
running Windows 10. If you have a PC with an older version of Windows, you can transfer with
However, both ways are inconvenient. Only mBackupper can do this in a fast and efficient way
without missing any images. It's a free useful software to protect your iPhone from data
loss disaster. Why don't you give it a try?