How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud?
Read this guide to learn how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud. There are two methods you can choose from.
The messages cover various conversions with others and some of them are quite important for you. Now you get one new iPhone, instead of transferring all data to new iPhone, you just want to transfer those messages that you never want to lose. As a long iPhone user, you know that iCloud provides the way to sync data between iDevice so you want to rely on it to finish the job.
Well, iCloud indeed can help you make it but it has the disadvantages. For example, it only offers 5 GB free storage space to save iOS data which may not enough for you. Next, I’ll detail how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud. In addition to this, to avoid the shortcoming of iCloud way, I’ll also introduce another easier method to help you transfer messages to new iPhone.
There are two ways you can try to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud. If you just want to transfer iMessages, you can turn on Messages in iCloud to make it. If you want to transfer both iMessages and text messages, you should first make an iCloud backup and then restore it to the new iPhone.
Since iOS 12, Apple has brought back the iCloud syncing for Messages. If you turn it on, all your iMessages will be uploaded to iCloud and you can view them on any device using the same Apple account.
1. Connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network.
2. One old iPhone: Go to Settings > tap [your name] > iCloud.
3. Scroll down to find Messages > Toggle it on if it is not.
4. Do the same above on the new iPhone and wait for the syncing.
To transfer both iMessages and text messages from iPhone to another, restore from iCloud backup is also a workable way. But its disadvantages may disappoint you:
● It will backup the whole iPhone content.
Messages and other data like contacts, settings will be transferred to new iPhone.
● It only offers 5 GB free storage space to store iOS data. The backup may fail if there’s not enough space.
● It will first erase all the existing data on the new iPhone and then perform the restore.
Besides, you may meet the messages didn’t transfer to new iPhone problem. If you still want to try this way, here is how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone using iCloud backup:
Backup Old iPhone
1. Connect your old iPhone and new iPhone to the power source and Wi-Fi network.
2. On your old iPhone, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
3. Turn on iCloud Backup > Tap Back Up Now and wait for the backup to be finished.
◆ Note: You should know that if you enable Messages sync in iCloud, your iMessages will be uploaded to iCloud and they aren’t included in your backup.
Restore iCloud Backup to New iPhone
1. Turn on and set up your new iPhone until you see the Apps & Data screen.
Tip: If you have already set up the device, you can go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to reset your iPhone.
2. Choose Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup > Enter your Apple ID and password and choose the right backup to restore from.
3. Wait for the restore and just be patient. The time it takes depending on the quality of the network connection and the size of the backup files.
◆ Note: Do not disconnect the power or Wi-Fi network until the process is done. Any interruption may influence the restore and it may never be resume.
From the above, you know how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud. However, as you can see, it has many shortcomings so here comes another tool that can help you transfer both iMessages and text messages. That’s mBackupper.
mBackupper is one free iPhone backup and restore tool for iPhone, iPad, and iPod. It offers a more direct way to transfer messages between iDevices.
Two steps to complete the process:
① Backup iMessages and text messages on old iPhone
② Restore the backup files to new iPhone
You can select the messages you want to backup and restore. Most of all, there is no need to erase your new iPhone and it will not erase any existing data.
The tool supports all iPhone models from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 11 and works well with the latest iOS 13. Get the tool now and follow the steps below to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone in a few minutes.
1. Connect your old iPhone to computer via the USB cable > Tap “Trust” on the iPhone home screen to give your computer access to your iPhone.
2. Click Custom Backup > Choose Messages to select the iMessages and text messages you want to transfer > Click OK to confirm.
3. Choose the storage path to save the messages > Click Start Backup to start backing up your messages.
4. Unplug your old iPhone and then connect your new iPhone to computer > Go to the Backup Management screen > Click the Restore option
5. You click the Messages icon to choose the items you want to restore > If everything is ok click Start Restore to make it.
Now you know how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud. You can turn on Messages sync in iCloud to transfer iMessages or choose to restore iCloud backup to transfer all messages as well as other iPhone content.
If you want to transfer messages only, then mBackupper is the way to go. It can also help you transfer contacts, photos, songs, videos to new iPhone without data erase. Give it a try by yourself now!