How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone 12 Easily?
Want to move contacts from Android to iPhone 12? This guide will show you how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 12 in 4 different methods.
The new iPhone 12 has a beautiful new design packed with innovative feature and you just get one to start the journey with Apple. However, since Android phone and iPhone running on different operating system, it seems kind of challenging to transfer data from Android to new iPhone. Well, don’t worry! This guide will focus on the way to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 12. You can first read and then choose one to follow.
Note: If you want to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 12 after setup, you can refer to Method 2, 3, 4 to get the solution.
Move to iOS app is one transfer app created by Apple to help users switch from Android to new iPhone smoothly. It allows you to transfer contacts as well as message history, camera photos and videos, web bookmarks, mail accounts, and calendars.
To realize the transfer, you should first download Move to iOS app on Android phone from Google Play and set up your new iPhone to access the Data Transfer screen to choose Move Data from Android Phone.
● It is suitable for Android phone older than Android 4.4.
● Your Android phone and new iPhone should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
● If you have already set up your iPhone, you should go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to restart.
● If you want to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 12 after setup, you can refer to the following three methods.
1. Set up iPhone 12 until you see the App & Data screen > Choose Move Data from Android.
2. On your Android phone: Open Move to iOS app > Tap Continue > Read the terms and conditions that appear and tap Agree > Tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
3. On your iPhone 12: Tap Continue on the Move from Android screen > Wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear.
4. On your Android phone: Enter the code that appears on iPhone > Wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear > Choose the content you want to transfer and tap Next.
Note: Please leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes even if your Android indicates that the process is complete.
5. The whole transfer can take a while depending on how much content you're moving. When you see the loading bar finishes on iPhone 12, tap Done on Android phone > tap Continue on iPhone and follow the onscreen steps to complete the setup process.
If the SIM card of your Android phone can be put into your new iPhone, then you easily move contacts from Android to iPhone 12. First export Android phone contacts to SIM card and then insert it to iPhone to import contacts to device.
On your Android phone: Go to the Contacts app and find Import/Export contacts > Choose Export to SIM card option.
On your iPhone 12: Insert the SIM card > Go to Settings > Tap Contacts >Tap Import SIM Contacts.
Google Contacts Service provides an easy way for Android phone users to backup and share phone contacts. Luckily, Apple offers the solution for users to sync contacts with Google. You can simply go to Settings to turn on the contacts sync of Gmail to let contacts appear on your iPhone.
Step 1. Sync Android Phone Contacts to Google
Go to Settings > Choose Account & Sync or similar > Google > Sign in with your Google account > Turn on contacts sync.
Step 2. Sync Contacts to iPhone 12
On your iPhone 12: Go to Settings > Tap Accounts & Passwords > Tap Add Accounts > Choose Google > Enter the required information and tap Next> Tap Save when your account is verified > Turn on the Contacts sync option.
Note: If you have contacts synced with other services like Yahoo or Exchange, you can also refer to the above steps to sync contacts.
You can also email the contacts to yourself to copy contacts to your new iPhone. It will send the contacts as vCard format that is accessable on iOS device.
On your Android Phone: Go to Contacts app >Tap the three dots to go to Settings > Find Import/Export contacts or similar > Tap Share button > Choose the contacts you want to import to iPhone and email it.
On your iPhone 12: Open Mail app to check the email > Tap to open the VCF file > Then you will get the option to add contacts from mail to the Contacts app.
From the above, you know how to import contacts from Android to iPhone 12. Here in this part, I’d like to introduce you one tool that can help you protect your contacts that stored on iPhone 12. In this way, you can always restore the contacts when you lose them accidentally.
AOMEI MBackupper is one free iPhone backup manager for Windows PCs that offers an easy way to help you backup & restore the data you concern most. Supports contacts, messages, photos, music, videos, etc. It can help you backup all data in one-click or only the selected contacts as per your needs.
After the backup, you can check the backup file on your computer any time you want. You can choose to restore the contacts to any iDevice and it will not erase any existing data. Go for it now to protect your new iPhone 12!
That’s all for how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 12. You can take advantage of Move to iOS to transfer contacts and other data during the setup process. Or if you have already set up your new devices, you can choose to sync contacts with Google, import contacts from SIM card or email the contacts to yourself.