Contacts and photos may be the most important data stored on iPhone. The phone numbers let us get in touch with others by sending a message or making a phone call. The photos recording all memorable moments in daily life. So instead of transferring all data from old iPhone to new iPhone, you just want to move contacts and photos. Keep reading to see how to transfer photos and contacts to new iPhone in three methods.
Part 1. Quick Way to Transfer Contacts and Photos from iPhone to iPhone
Indeed you can transfer photos and contacts to new iPhone using iTunes or iCloud.
However, both two methods have shortcomings. So here come's another tool to help you make it easier, that’s AOMEI MBackupper. It’s one professional iPhone backup & transfer tool that can help you transfer what you want with amazing speed.
★ It lets you transfer contacts and photos
only instead of the whole iPhone content.
★ It allows you to preview and select the contacts and photos you want to transfer.
★ There is no need to reset the target iPhone and it will not erase any existing data on the device.
The tool supports all models of iPhone from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 11/iPhone SE 2020/12 and would be perfectly compatible with the latest iOS 14. Download the tool on your PC and we take transferring contacts from iPhone to new iPhone as an example.
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your old iPhone to computer via USB cable > Tap “Trust”
on the home screen to give your computer access to your iPhone.
2. Click Custom Backup option > Click Contacts icon to view and select the contacts you want to backup > Click OK to continue.
3. Select the storage path to save your contacts > Click Start Backup button to make it.
4. Unplug your old iPhone and then connect your new iPhone to computer > Go to the Backup
Management screen > Click the Advanced option and choose Restore.
5. You can click the icon to preview your contacts, if everything is OK, click Start
Part 2. How to Transfer Contacts and Photos from iPhone to iPhone Using iTunes?
iTunes is a computer-based iDevice management tool and it offers a way to help users transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone. You can transfer photos and contacts from iPhone to
iPhone using iTunes, however, there are some points that you should pay attention to:
● Not only contacts and photos but all the
other data on the old iPhone will be transferred to the new one.
● Your new iPhone will
be erased firstly and then replaced with all the content from your old iPhone.
● It will take a long time to complete the process because it will backup and restore the entire iPhone content.
If you have already set up the new iPhone and do not want to erase it or you just want to transfer contacts and photos, you can go to Part 1 to get the solution. Or if you do not mind restoring the whole backup, see the steps below:
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
2. Connect your old iPhone to computer and run iTunes.
3. Click the Device tab > Select backup to This Computer > Click Back Up Now. Wait for the backup to be finished.
4. Unplug your old iPhone and plug in your new iPhone.
5. Click Restore Backup... at the Summary page > Choose the backup that contains the contacts and photos you need > Click Restore to start.
→ Note: You may need to switch off "Find My iPhone" on your new device when performing the restore: Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Scroll down to Find My iPhone and tap it > Turn it off and you will need to enter your Apple ID and password to confirm.
Part 3. How to Transfer Contacts and Photos from iPhone to iPhone Using iCloud?
iCloud is another official utility developed by Apple to help users manage iOS data. It provides a way to backup iDevice data and also lets you sync data among devices. However, it only offers 5 GB free storage space to store the iOS data which is far from enough for most users.
1. Connect your two iPhones to a stable Wi-Fi network.
2. Log in with the same Apple account on both iPhones.
Transfer Contacts to New iPhone Using iCloud
On your old iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap [your anme] > iCloud > Turn on Contacts > When you're asked if you want to Merge or Cancel, tap Merge.
On your new iPhone: Do the
same above to turn on the Contacts sync in iCloud.
Transfer Photos to New iPhone Using iCloud
On your old iPhone:
1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud >Photos.
2. Turn on iCloud Photos > Select either “Optimize iPhone Storage” or
“Download and Keep Originals”.
3. Your iPhone will start uploading photos to iCloud.
On your new iPhone:
Do the save above to turn on iCloud Photos. You can access them from the All
Photos album in the new iPhone’s Photos app.
That’s all for how to transfer contacts and pictures from iPhone to iPhone. As you can see,
no mater iTunes or iCloud does not provide an easy way to make it. You’d better let
AOMEI MBackupper to help you transfer needed contacts and photos without data erase. If you have any questions or problems, leave a comment below and we will reply to you as soon as possible.