Simply Save Text Messages from iPhone to PC
If you are looking for a simple way to save text messages from iPhone to PC, you can follow this passage.
Since the invention of SMS, text messages have been involved in our daily life and business. We send and receive wishes from friends and family, expressing our bad feelings and arranging our business through text messages. Some of them could be very important. In case of some unpredictable reasons, you might need to save your text messages to PC to avoid the loss of memory or business information.
If you use an iPhone, there are a lot of ways to permanently save messages in iPhone. You can save your text message on your iPhone as text or pictures if you want or can upload them into iCloud so that they can be restored to any Apple device, like iPhone 6 or 7. If you don’t trust any cloud software, you can also back up your text messages into your computer with third-party software. Some solutions are given as follows,
AOMEI MBackupper is a free professional iPhone backup software. You can save all your text messages to PC or just select some of them to save.
The procedures to use this application is as follows,
Easily Backup: To backup messages on your iPhone, you just click Messages on the interface, then select the messages you need and click on Backup.
Preview Messages: Whenever you back up or restore your messages, you could preview and select the messages to filter unnecessary ones;
Quickly Restore: Once your messages are backed up with this software, you could quickly restore the messages to another iPhone;
Flexible Selection: When you back up messages, you could select just some of them rather than the entire folder and also do this when restoring your phone. It allows you to restore files to another device including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch;
More Files: This application could be used to back up photos, music, contacts, and videos in the same way you back up messages.
Widely Compatible: It supports most iPhone models from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 11 so that you could definitely backup your iPhone 6, iPhone 7 or other type of iPhone with it, and this application would be perfectly compatible with the latest iOS 13.
It is the easiest way to transfer messages on iPhone to PC by using AOMEI MBackupper. With simple operation, your messages would be transferred to computer within seconds:
1. Download and install AOMEI MBackupper;
2. Connect your iPhone with USB;
3. Tap Trust This Computer on your iPhone;
4. Click on Custom Backup;
5. Unselect the other files if you don’t want them;
6. Click Messages to enter Selection;
7. Select the messages you want and then click the orange button OK;
8. Click the orange button Start Backup and then your task would be completed in seconds.
If you want to view or restore these messages to your iPhone, that would be easy. Just follow the steps below:
1. Connect your device to computer;
2. Tap Trust This Computer;
3. Choose the backup files and click the Arrow to Restore to device. You could also just preview your backup files with one click on the Eye;
4. Click the orange button Start Restore. You could also click the icon to select the files you want to restore as you back up them;
5. Complete Restoration.
If you don’t have too many messages to save, you can just save messages as texts.
1. Find out the text message you want to save, tap the text for seconds and copy that.
2. Choose where to store your messages. You can store them in your memo and upload them to the cloud, or write an email and send it to yourself.
This way is pretty simple. You can save text messages on iPhone or other media but it would be acceptable just when you don’t have so many messages to save, because you just save messages as texts, the details like the senders or numbers were missing.
If the details are needed, messages with no details could be hardly persuasive, so that you’d better print your screen. To print the iPhone screen, you need to make sure all the details have been shown in the scree, and then you hold the Side button and Volume Up button and quickly release the buttons. You can also use the assistive touch to help you get the screenshot.
If one screenshot couldn’t contain all the information, you need third-party software to get a long screenshot. You just capture the content you need and the software can help you connect them.
For the files that take little storage like messages, we could save text messages in iPhone to iCloud and sync them.
1. Go to Settings;
2. Tap the ID (your name);
3. Tap iCloud;
4. Toggle on Messages;
As long as you toggle on iCloud, it will automatically update all the information about your
messages including history. You can check your messages anywhere with an Apple device.
You may have heard about some news about the privacy of iCloud so that it is not 100% save. If you were dismayed about that, you could save text messages from iPhone to computer. iTunes is the official backup tool. It has many features but is quite difficult to use.
1. Download iTunes of the latest version;
2. Plug your iPhone into your computer;
3. Wait for your PC to detect your device and then tap Trust This Computer on your iPhone;
4. Click the phone-shape icon in the upper left and you will get into the following interface;
5. Click the blue-button Back Up Now and it will take some time to back up almost all the files and settings on your iPhone.
You can’t select specified content to back up. If you want to see the messages you have already backed up, you need to repeat the mentioned procedures and click the white button Restore Backup next to the blue button. To get more flexible options, you can try the following solution.
There are many ways for you to save text messages on iPhone. You can keep the messages as texts or pictures in your phone, if you just need a few of them; if you prefer simper operation, you can upload them to iCloud with steps; if you suspect the security of iCloud, you can also save text messages in your iPhone to computer with iTunes or AOMEI MBackupper.