Solved: No Backup Option in iTunes
If you met with no backup option in iTunes or iTunes backup not showing, this passage would help you easily solve the problems.
In modern life, data becomes so important. When you use your iPhone, your life is recorded. In addition, if you have frequent communication with your business partner via iPhone, the data on it could be more important. To protect the data, the best solution is to backup your iPhone so that you could restore the data if something unacceptable happens.
iTunes is an official tool for you to backup your device. You could backup most data on your iPhone to computer and restore data if it is needed. Yet, you might come across some problems like no backup option in iTunes or iTunes backup not showing. Don’t worry about that. Follow this passage to easily solve the problem.
Sometimes you connect your iPhone to iTunes, while you can’t click on Back Up Now because it’s always greyed out. Read the solutions below to solve your problem.
1. Restart iTunes: This is the simplest and also most possibly effective method. Your iTunes might just get stuck or come across a bug, so restart iTunes would solve the problem. If restarting iTunes is not enough, you might need to try reboot your computer to refresh the background of your computer.
2. Check Backup Status: If you have clicked File > Devices > Back up in the toolbar, and find the button Back Up Now in Summary is greyed out, you don’t have to be confused, because iTunes has started to backup your iPhone. You could check the backup status on the top of iTunes.
3. Check Syncing Status: If you find the button Back Up Now in Summary is greyed out, scroll down the windows and check whether "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected" has been selected. iTunes might be syncing your iPhone so you couldn’t back up iPhone for now. You could also check the syncing status on the top of iTunes.
4. Set up as New iPhone: If you connect your iPhone to computer while iTunes just gives you the options to set up as new iPhone or restore from backup. If you met with this situation, select Set up as new iPhone to let iTunes scan and backup your iPhone.
5. Close Other Software: If you are using other backup software at the same time, iTunes might not be able to backup your iPhone for your iPhone is being backed up or the resource of iPhone is occupied by other software. You should close other software and try iTunes again.
6. Enter Code: If you met with the problem no backup option in iTunes on Windows, you could use the code to solve your problem. Quit iTunes > press Win + R > type cmd, and press Enter > "%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt DeviceBackupsDisabled 0 and press Enter to execute this command > open iTunes and check if your problem solved.
Sometimes you have backed up your iPhone while you can’t find back up file. You could find your backup file on iTunes as the following instruction.
1. When you connect your iPhone to iTunes, you could check the backup file in Summary first. Right below the button Back Up Now, you could see the indication Last Backups: [time].
2. You could go to Edit > Preferences > Devices. If you have backed up your iPhone, the backup files would be listed.
3. The last way to check your backup file is to locate it in Windows Explorer. If you use Windows OS, you could locate the file in C: \ Users \ [User] \ Apple \ MobileSync \ Backup. If there is a folder name with many complicated letters and numbers, it is your backup file.
If iTunes doesn’t show your backup file in pane, you couldn’t restore your iPhone. You could copy your backup file to somewhere else and add something like -20191126-133822 (you should just replace the number and then add hyphens) and then paste it back to the folder Backup. Restart iTunes and check whether the backup file appears.
Feeling inconvenient to use iTunes to backup your iPhone? You could backup your iPhone via an easier way. iTunes is not a professional backup application for it is originally designed to manage music and videos. You can tell it from its name.
AOMEI MBackupper is a free professional application for iPhone backup. As a professional backup application, it allows you to backup your iPhone easily and conveniently.
Easily Backup: There are just features for iPhone backup, and every step would be easily understandable. It could be used to backup photos, videos, music, contacts, and messages.
Conveniently Backup: iTunes won’t give you many choices for backup while this application gives you options in every step. You could preview and select files on your iPhone when backing up or restoring.
Selectively Restore: Unlike iTunes, you could select files from backup and restore them to iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch without covering the content already existing.
Widely Compatible: It supports most versions of iOS and would be perfectly compatible with the latest iOS 13. You could use it to backup most Apple products.
Want to try this convenient software immediately? Follow the steps below.
Step 1. Download and launch AOMEI MBackupper. Connect your iPhone to computer with USB cable and remember to tap Trust This Computer on iPhone.
Step 2. Click Photos Backup or Custom Backup. Select the files you want to backup and you could click an icon to enter the folder to filter the needed files. After you finish selecting, click the orange button OK.
Step 3. Click on Start Backup in the lower-right corner and the selected files would be backed up to computer in seconds.
When you need to restore your iPhone, connect your iPhone to computer, select the backup task and click the Arrow icon Restore. You could also click an icon to filter files before restoring.
If you met with the problems no backup option in iTunes or iTunes backup not showing, you could follow the solutions listed above to quickly solve your problem. If you still feel it inconvenient to use iTunes, you could try AOMEI MBackupper to easily and conveniently backup and restore your iPhone. If you feel this article is helpful, please share it to help more people.