How to Wipe An iPod Touch/Nano/Classic/Shuffle?
This guide will introduce all the methods that can help wipe an iPod. The way to erase iPod without passcode is also included.
Before selling or giving iPod to someone else, you know that you should wipe it clean before the next owner gets it. On the one hand, it prevents your personal information from falling into the wrong hands, and on the other hand, it makes it easy for others to use.
In this article, I’ll show you how to wipe an iPod in every detail: the traditional way to wipe iPod, the way to erase iPod Touch without passcode, the way to deeply wipe an iPod - 100% unrecoverable. Here we go.
Erasing an iPod Touch is very simple because it can be done directly on the device. It will need the passcode or Apple ID to make it. If you have forgotten your passocde, please move to the next part to see how to erase iPod Touch without passcode.
1. Go to Settings app > Tap General > Tap Reset > Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
2. If asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID passcode. (It will need the Apple ID and passcode to turn off "Find My iPhone" or "Activate Lock".)
3. Depending on your device, it may take a few minutes to complete the process.
The official iDevice management tool iTunes provides the solution to help users wipe an iPod Nano, iPod Classic, and iPod Shuffle.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer.
2. Run iTunes and connect your iPod to computer via the USB cable.
3. Click the Device icon > Click Summary > Click Restore iPod... option > Click Restore again to confirm.
To wipe an iPod Touch without passcode, there are three ways to make it: erase iPod Touch with iTunes through Recovery Mode or DFU Mode, or erase iPod Touch via iCloud.
→ Erase iPod Touch without Passcode via Recovery Mode
1. Download the latest version of iTunes.
2. Run iTunes and plug in your iPod Touch.
3. Press and hold the Top button until the power off slider appears > Drag the slider to turn off the device.
4. Press and hold both Side/Top button and Volum Down button together > Keep holding two buttons until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
5. Click Restore to erase your iPod Touch
→ Erase iPod Touch without Passcode via DFU Mode
1. Make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes.
2. Turn off your iPod Touch.
3. Run iTunes and connect your iPod Touch to computer.
4. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together for 10 seconds > Release Sleep/Wake button while continuing to hold the Home button > Release the Home button when a pop-up window appears in iTunes. ( The screen of iPod Touch should remain black when it’s in the DFU Mode.)
5. Click Restore to wipe your iPod Touch.
→ Erase iPod Touch without Passcode via iCloud
Another way to wipe an iPod Touch is to use iCloud. This is a good choice when your iPod is lost or disabled because it allows you to wipe the device remotely.
1. Visit iCloud.com on computer or another device > Log in with your iCloud account and passcode.
2. Choose Find My iPhone > Click All Devices > Find your iPod Touch from the list of devices.
3. Choose your iPod Touch > Click Ease iPod and it will start resetting your iPod to factory settings.
If you want to sell your iPod, you definitely want to completely erase the iPod so that it cannot be restored. In this case, you can rely on one professional iOS eraser - AOMEI MBackupper to help you wipe iPod clean.
★ Its main features:
● Easy and Fast - 1-click to erase all content and settings on device.
● Erase Completely - Deeply scan and erase all deleted and existing data.
● No Possibility of Recovery - Wipe data multiple times ensuring 100% unrecoverable.
Want to make data recovery impossible? Free download AOMEI MBackupper an your computer and follow the steps below to completely wipe your iPod.
■ Steps to Erase iPod Data Permanently
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper and plug in your iPod Touch.
2. Click Erase iPod Touch under Tools.
3. Tick the option "I have understood the consequence of erasing data, and I am sure to erase data" and there will be two options available > Select Deeply erase data to prevent recovery option.
4. Click Erase iPod Touch > A warning message will appear and click Yes to confirm.
That’s all for how to wipe an iPod. If you want to erase iPod Touch without passcode, you can put your device in Recovery Mode, DFU Mode, and then reset it via iTunes. For anyone who wants to sell the iPod, it’s recommended to erase the device through a professional data eraser to ensure data will not be at risk of being restored.