How to Uninstall iOS 15 Beta and iPadOS 15 Beta?
How to uninstall iOS 15 beta or iPadOS 15 beta? Read this guide to learn the detailed steps to downgrade iOS 15 beta to iOS 14 without losing data.
The other day you just installed the iOS 15/iPadOS 15 public beta to try the new features. However, the truth is that it brings you new features along with various bugs that prevent you from using your phone normally. So you decide to uninstall iOS 15 beta or iPadOS 15 beta to get rid of those annoying issues.
If you have no computer at hand, you may wonder whether it is possible to uninstall iOS 15 without computer. However, at present, it is impossible to remove iOS 15 beta without computer. Indeed you can upgrade iOS to higher version on device but the opposite is not supported.
There are two ways to remove iOS 15 beta or iPadOS 15 beta. You can delete iOS 15 beta profile from device and wait for the official release. Or if you can’t stand iOS 15 anymore and want to downgrade iOS 15 beta to iOS 14 at once, you should restore your device through iTunes. Keep reading to learn more.
Removing iOS beta profile will prevent you from getting a future beta software no matter you are on the public beta or developer beta. When the official release is available, you can simply update to iOS 15/iPadOS 15 by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
- If you used a computer to install the iOS 15 beta, you will need to restore your iPhone to remove the beta version.
- It will not actually uninstall iOS 15 beta/iPadOS 15 beta. If you do not want to wait for the software update this fall, please refer to the next part to downgrade to iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 immediately.
1. Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management.
2. Tap iOS Beta Software Profile > Tap Remove Profile.
3. Enter your passcode if asked and tap Delete.
4. Restart your iPhone or iPad.
To delete iOS 15 beta or iPadOS 15 beta immediately, you need to erase and restore your device with iTunes. It will wipe all data on device. If you have backed up your device with iTunes/iCloud before the update, you can set up your device from that backup.
Note that although you can backup your device using iCloud or iTunes now, the backup made on iOS 15/iPadOS 15 cannot be restored to iOS 14/iPadOS 14 devices.
Backup Your iPhone Before the Restore
Did not back up your device before installing iOS 15/iPad OS 15 beta? Also want to access the pictures you take when running on iOS 15 beta after downgrading to iOS 14? One free iOS data manager named AOMEI MBackupper is here to help you protect important data.
● It supports backing up the most important data like contacts, messages, photos, videos, songs, etc.
● It lets you preview and select the files before the backup and restore.
● What’s more, the backup files can be restored to any iDevices. The backup made on your iOS 15 device can be restored to iOS 14 device.
You can click the download button to get the tool. For a detailed backup guide, you can refer to this How to Backup iPhone/iPad guide.
Also note that if you have installed watchOS 7 on your Apple Watch, you will not be able to use it with your iPhone after downgrading to iOS 14.
Before we start to see how to get rid of iOS 15 beta/iPadOS 15 beta, please make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or Windows computer.
1. Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone/iPad to computer.
2. Put your device in Recovery Mode. (The steps are different based on the device, check the list below to find your model to make it.)
3. A message will appear and ask if you want to Restore or Update your device. Please click Restore.
4. It will start download and install the latest iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 on your device. Just wait for the restore to finish. If asked, enter your Apple ID and password.
5. When the restore process is done, you will get the Hello screen and start the setup process. You can choose to restore from a previous iCloud or iTunes backup. Or restore backup with AOMEI MBackupper when the setup process is complete.
How to Put Your iPhone/iPad in Recovery Mode?
- For iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad with Home button: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time > Keep holding the buttons when you see the Apple logo > Continue to hold both buttons until the recovery screen shows up.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPod touch (7th gen): Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time > Keep holding the buttons when you see the Apple logo > Continue to hold both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
- For iPhone 8 and later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button > Press and quickly release the Volume Down button > Press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- For iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button > Press and quickly release the Volume Down button > Press and hold the Top button until your device begins to restart > Continue holding the Top button until your device goes into recovery mode.
That’s all for how to uninstall iOS 15 beta and iPadOS 15 beta. To remove iOS 15/iPadOS 15 beta, you should erase and restore your device with iTunes. It will help you downgrade iOS 15 beta/iPadOS 15 beta to iOS 14/iPadOS 14 right away.