How to Transfer Data from One iPad to Another (3 Methods)?
Get a new iPad but don't know how to transfer data quickly and securely? This tutorial will cover three ways to transfer data from one iPad to another.
One of the biggest troubles of getting a new iPad is how to transfer your favorite songs, photos, movies and lots of other useful data from old iPad to your new iPad. Here we will guide you to achieve simple iPad to iPad transfer with this tutorial.
In the following content about iPad to iPad transferring, we will show you four ways to transfer data from one iPad to another. Surely, each method has its advantages and disadvantages, and we will explain it one by one.
With iCloud, you can directly and wirelessly back up and restore your iPad. It is better than iTunes for its all-dimensions data backup at any time or anywhere. You can do your iPad to iPad transfer at high speed with a fast connection but it's not without flaws.
Five biggest flaws of iCloud you should know:
(1) Both of your iPads need to be with iOS 5 or later;
(2) Service is unavailable without WIFI;
(3) You have only 5 GB space and need to pay for the exceeded part;
(4) Very slow for apps transferring;
(5) There is file security and privacy risk under remote environment.
1. Open your old iPad and switch on WLAN network.
2. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup. Turn on iCloud Backup, and tap Back Up Now. After the backup is complete, check the last backup time to ensure that your backup was successful.
3. Turn on your new iPad and follow the guide to set up the new iPad. Continue until you see the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
4. Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and password. When asked, choose a backup. Make sure that it's the correct one by checking the date and size of each. If you purchased iTunes or App Store content using multiple Apple IDs, you're asked to sign in to each. If you can't remember the passwords, just skip this step and wait for the restoration to be finished.
iTunes is a great music player but isn’t good at iOS data backup and syncing. We all know that iTunes is too heavy and clumsy. It often takes up much of the CPU usage and slow down everything in PC and data transfer speed is rather slow. The backup file just contains parts of the iPad data, not all of them.
There is also an erasing function during synchronization. People will often get their data erased when they forget to disable this function. If you insist on this original way, you need two clumsy processes to transfer data from old iPad to new iPad.
1. Connect your iPad to your computer with a USB cable and run iTunes.
2. Click the iPad icon and choose This Computer on the right-side panel.
3. Then click Back Up Now and start to Sync the data on the old iPad to the computer with iTunes.
1. Plug in your new iPad to your computer with a USB cable and run iTunes.
2. Click the Device button and choose Restore Backup on the right-side panel.
3. Choose the right backup version and click Restore to begin the process.
mBackupper allows you to easily backup and restore your iPad on a simple pane. It gives you flexible selection to meet your needs and it is totally free and with no advertisings. You would have a good experience with it. You can use it to transfer data from one iPad to another in two easy steps.
1. Download and install mBackupper on your PC;
2. Connect your iPad with USB;
3. Tap Trust This Computer on your iPad;
4. Click Custom Backup or Photos Backup;
5. Click an icon to enter Selection;
6. Select the files you want to back up and click the orange button OK;
7. Click the orange button Start Backup;
8. Your backup is completed. You can easily find your backup files by clicking Positioning in Backup Management.
1. Connect your new iPad to computer;
2. Tap Trust This Computer;
3. Click on Back in the lower right corner;
4. Choose the backup files and click the Arrow to Restore to device. You can also just preview your backup files with one click on the Eye icon;
5. Click the orange button Start Restore. You can also click the icon to select the files you want to restore as you back up them;
6. Complete restoration.
After two easy steps, your music, photos, videos, and others (Contacts, Message…) would be easily and securely transferred from your old iPad to your new iPad. And you have a backup of your data on your computer.
In all, there are 3 different ways to backup and transfer data from one iPad to another for free. You can choose among iCloud, iTunes, and mBackupper according to your network condition or personal preferences. mBackupper in Part 3 is the best solution to transfer data from one iPad to another. It’s free, safe, easy, and unlimited. The other two iCloud and iTunes have their own flaws that can be used based on your practical issue.
mBackupper is not only suitable for data transfer between iPads, it supports data backup and data transfer for all Apple devices. Why not try it now?