How to Send Long Videos from iPhone to iPhone? 4 Ways
Want to send videos from iPhone to iPhone? This guide will show you 4 proven methods that can help you send long videos without effort.
It is very common to transfer videos between two iPhones. You may just set up your new iPhone 12 and then want to transfer some precious videos from the previous iPhone. Or you may want to share funny videos about your cute dogs with your friends or family.
However, when you try to send a video via Message or Mail, a notification appears and tells you that the video should be trimmed or downsized. It seems that your video is too big to send. Well, in fact, iMessage supports transferring files under 100MB and email only supports files under 25MB, while a 4K video shot with iPhone can have 400MB per minute.
Fortunately, there are other 4 workable methods that can help you send large videos from iPhone to iPhone. You can first read and then choose one method to follow based on your situation. Way 1, 2, 3 helps you transfer photo videos and Way 4 allows you to transfer photo videos, moves, music videos, etc.
AirDrop is a built-in file-sharing utility that allows users to share various files from iPhone to another iPhone nearby. There is no limit to the video size so you can try it to send large videos from iPhone to iPhone.
Before you begin, please turn on the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both the two devices. If either of the devices has Personal Hotspot on, please turn it off.
Turn on AirDrop
1. Open Control Center: Swipe up from the bottom of your screen or swipe down from the top right corner of the screen (iPhone X and later).
2. Turn on AirDrop: Press firmly or touch and hold the network settings card in the upper-left corner > Tap AirDrop and choose Contacts Only or Everyone.
Choose the Videos You Want to AirDrop
1. Go to Photos app on the source iPhone and select the videos you want to share.
2. Tap the Share icon in the lower-left corner.
3. Tap the AirDrop user that you want to share with.
Receive the Videos on Target iPhone
A window will display on the target iPhone screen with a preview of the content and you should hit the Accept to receive the videos. The videos will be saved in the Photos app.
If you have iCloud Photos turned on, you can take advantage of Mail Drop to send long videos from iPhone to iPhone. It allows you to send a file up to 5GB in size through a direct email link. And the recipient has 30 days to download the shared files.
1. Go to Photos app > Tap the video you want to share > Tap the Share icon.
2. Choose Mail > On the Mail compose page, compose your email normally > Tap Send.
3. A message will appear and say that the video is too large to send and it will suggest you use Mail Drop > Simply tap Mail Drop and it will start the transfer.
Google Drive is a cloud-based storage system that helps users store and share files. It makes it easy enough to access data on any phone or computer. What’s more, it is particularly good at managing photos and videos. See how to send videos from iPhone to iPhone via Google Drive from below.
1. Download Google Drive app from App Store > Open Google Drive and sign in with your account.
2. Tap the “+” icon in the lower right corner of the app > Tap Upload > Tap Photos and Videos > Select the videos you want to upload to Google Drive.
3. To view the uploaded videos, you can tap the Locate link or go to the folder that you chose when uploading the videos.
4. You can choose to share the link of the video via email to others. Or you can download Google Drive on your new iPhone to access your videos.
If you have a computer at hand, you can let one iPhone transfer tool - AOMEI MBackupper to help you transfer videos from iPhone to iPhone. It’s a good choice if your Wi-Fi is poor and can’t complete the transfer on iPhone. It supports transferring photo videos as well as movies and music videos.
1. Download, install, and launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect the source iPhone to computer > Enter the passcode on iPhone to give the computer access to your device.
2. Click Transfer to Computer option.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the videos you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
4. Click the Transfer to save videos to the computer.
5. Unplug the source iPhone and plug in the target iPhone > Click Transfer to iPhone option.
6. Click the “+” icon > Choose the videos you want to transfer > Click Open to continue.
7. Finally, click Transfer to transfer videos from iPhone to iPhone.
That’s all for how to send long videos from iPhone to iPhone. You can take advantage of AirDrop, Mail Drop, or Google Drive to complete the transfer wirelessly. Or if you do not want to use cloud services, you can rely on AOMEI MBackupper to transfer videos without quality damage.