How to Backup iPhone Music to iTunes/iCloud/Computer?
How to backup iPhone music? Read this guide to learn three different ways to make it: iCloud, iTunes, and AOMEI MBackupper.
Most of us have stored lots of songs on iPhone, so we can enjoy music anytime and anywhere. However, you may lose all your songs because of various situations such as accidental deletion, loss or theft. You can always buy yourself a new iPhone but you may never be able to get your music library back.
Here in this guide, I’ll show you three methods to backup iPhone music in advance to avoid data loss. You can first read and then choose a suitable way depends on your situation. Here we go.
There are two methods to backup iPhone music to iCloud. You can choose to manually backup iPhone music to iCloud via the Settings or enable iCloud music library sync.
1. Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to Settings > Tap your name.
3. Choose iCloud > iCloud Backup > Toggle it on if it is off. When your iPhone is plugged in, locked, and connected to WLAN, it will automatically perform the data backup.
4. Or you can tap Back Up Now to run a backup at once.
If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can turn on iCloud music library sync to backup your iPhone music. In this way, you can access all your music collections across all your devices that logged in with the same Apple ID, such as iPad, iPod, Mac or PC.
1. Go to Settings > Tap Music.
2. Enable iCloud Music Library. (You will only see this option if you have an Apple Music subscription.)
3. A pop-up window will appear and you should choose Keep Music option.
To enable iCloud music library sync on your Mac or PC:
On Mac: open the Music app > choose Music - Preferences from the menu bar at the top of your screen > go to the General tab and select Sync Library to turn it on > click OK.
On PC: open iTunes > choose Edit -- Preferences > go to the General tab and select Sync Library to turn it on > click OK.
iTunes is the default program for iPhone content management. It’s also a good idea to choose to backup music on iPhone to iTunes. Also, there are two methods to make it. Please make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
Connect your iPhone to computer > Click the Device tab > Choose This computer > Click Back Up Now button. Then it will start backing up your iPhone data including your music. You have no option to check the backup files unless you choose to perform a restore.
1. Open iTunes > Go to the Account > Authorizations and choose to Authorize This Computer in order to get the computer permitted to access and use your Apple ID.
2. Next, log in with your Apple ID and password, then click on the Authorize button to ensure the computer is authorized to play iTunes Store purchases.
3. Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable, select File > Devices, and choose Transfer Purchases from [your iPhone name] to finish the process.
When the process is finished, you can click Recently Added in the left panel of iTunes to check the newly imported songs. You can click the Download button to download it on your computer. If you don't see the Download icon, the music is already on your computer. If you want to locate the downloaded songs, you can click File and choose Show in Windows Explorer to make it.
If you neither want to backup iPhone music with iCloud nor iTunes, then you can choose to backup iPhone music to computer. One easy-to-use iPhone backup, transfer and restore tool named AOMEI MBackupper can help you finish the job in a few minutes.
It lets you selectively backup iPhone music to computer, including the purchased and non-purchased songs. After the backup, you can view the songs anytime. What’s more, it also allows you to restore the backed up songs to your iPhone and won’t erase any existed iPhone data.
This tool supports all types of iPhone from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 11 and also fully compatible with the latest iOS 13. Download the tool on your computer and follow the steps below to backup iPhone music to computer.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer > Tap "Trust" on your iPhone screen.
2. On the home screen, choose Start Backup option.
3. Click the Music icon to choose the songs you want to backup.
4. Choose the songs you want to bakcup to computer and click OK.
5. Click the Start Backup button to start the backup task.
When the process is finished, you can check the backup task on Backup Management screen. Here you can choose to locate, browse or delete the backup files.
Now you know three methods to backup iPhone music. Compared to using iTunes or iCloud, backing up iPhone music to computer is a more flexible way. You can backup both your purchased and non-purchased songs. Besides, you have the option to check the songs and can restore them back to your iPhone anytime you want.
Besides music backup, AOMEI MBackupper can also help you backup your photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc. Just get the tool to enjoy a new way to protect your iPhone data!