[2 Ways] How to Add Music to iPod Nano without iTunes?
Don't like to use iTunes to put music on iPod? This guide will show you how to add music to iPod Nano without iTunes.
Apple wants users to use iTunes to transfer music from computer to iPod. However, you want to put music on your iPod Nano without iTunes because of its disadvantages.
● It only lets you pair your iPod with one computer - you cannot transfer music to iPod from different computers.
● What’s worse, the music sync will cause data loss - it will erase the existing music files on your iPad Nano.
In addition to these two points, not to mention that iTunes is sometimes very slow, which is always maddening. So can you put music on iPod without iTunes? Fortunately, the answer is YES. Keep reading to get two methods.
There are two ways that can help you put music on iPod Nano without iTunes. You can transfer songs to iPod Nano directly via a third-party transfer tool or you can choose to drag and drop songs to iPod Nano via USB connection.
AOMEI MBackupper is one professional iOS data backup & transfer tool specially designed for Windows PCs. It can help users manage music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, and more. Supports transferring between iDevice and computer, between two iDevices.
The user-friendly interface makes it possible to complete the transfer in only a few clicks. Just follow the steps given below to add music to your iPod Nano.
Download Music to iPod Nano without iTunes but via AOMEI MBackupper
1. Download and install AOMEI MBackupper on computer.
2. Run AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your iPod Nano to computer via USB cable.
3. Click Transfer to iPod option on the Home screen.
4. Click the “+” icom > Browse your computer and choose the songs you want to add to iPod > Click Open to continue.
5. Confirm the songs you will be added to your iPod > Click Transfer to start.
If you have songs stored on iPhone, you can choose to transfer music from iPhone to iPod directly.
It’s possible to put music on iPod through drag and drop. You can try to find the music folder of iPod and then add songs to the folder. However, some users who have tried it said that this method does not work: I just tried it. I can see all my songs in the iPod Music folder when I look from my PC, but I can’t get any music to play.
Maybe you can try it yourself. If it does not work, you can refer to Way 1 to let the transfer tool help you transfer needed songs.
How to Add Music to iPod Nano without iTunes but via Drag and Drop
1. Connect your iPod to computer via USB cable.
2. If you used to use iTunes to sync music, please go to the Summary page and uncheck Enable disk use. Then close iTunes.
3. Go to This PC/Computer to find your iPod > Double click your iPod > Then click Tools > Choose File Explorer Options.
4. On the File Explorer Options window, click the View tab and check Show hidden files, folders, and drives > Click Apply to confirm.
5. Now you will see a folder named iPod_control > Now you can drag or copy music files to this folder.
That’s all for how to add music to iPod Namo without iTunes. If you want to add music to iPod without any tool, you can choose to copy songs to iPod music folder. However, this method does not work for everyone. If you cannot drag and drop music files to iPod directly, then you can use AOMEI MBackupper to help you transfer songs without data erase.