Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Install Windows 10

edited February 2017 in AOMEI Products Support

I tried to update AOMEI to the latest version. After I uninstalled the old version I tried to install version 4.0.2. After the install I got the ammntdrv.sys error. I looked on the AOMEI faq page and I see it recommends deleting ammntdrv.sys file. I tried to delet it and got another error message "The action can't be completed because the file is open in another program". I have three questions.

1. What is the ammntdrv.sys file?

2. Are you having problems with AOMEI and windows 10?

3. What do you recommend?

AOMEI is a great program and I don't want to even think about using anything els

Comments

• Sorry for the late reply.

"1. What is the ammntdrv.sys file?"

It is drivers, when you install the new version, it failed to replace the old one.

"2. Are you having problems with AOMEI and windows 10?"

Yes, it is the problem of the latest version on the windows 10.

"3. What do you recommend?"

Pleae just ignore this error message to continue to install the software. You can use the software without any problem. We will solve this problem in the next new version.

• Thanks very much for the reply. I was worried there wouldn't be a response. Can you tell me how long it will be for the next version of AOMEI to be released? I might try to weight this out.

• "After the install I got the ammntdrv.sys error." It is the error code 5, right? If yes, please just ignore it to continue to do the installation. The next version will be released in the middle of this year.