Home AOMEI Products Support

Error Code 33 - creating system image of SSD

edited September 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

I am getting a code 33, bad sector, everytime I try to system image my SSD (C drive).  I had run chkdsk with varying options and run  surface check with Partition Magic. Neither showed any problems.  I have also degfragged it.  But none of this has made a difference.

It used to work fine with the same SSD then for no discernible reason, it started failing and has never worked since.  I have updated to the latest version of AOMEI but to no avail.

I have been most impressed with AOMEI and recommended it as an alternative to W7 backup in Microsoft forums so hope there is a simple fix for this.

Anyone had this?  Anyone know a fix?

Comments

• I should add that normal data backup of the HDD remains fine.

• Just done some more research.  It appears the system backup stopped working after I installed the Windows 10 anniversary edition.

• edited September 2016

It is a known problem. I noticed that Backupper was incompatible with Win10 Ann.Ed. only a few days after it came out. AOMEI promised an update or patch soon which would cure this major problem. We are now waiting quite a few weeks already for this update...

• For the win10 anniversary problem, we are trying to fix it. Thanks for your understanding. For the error code 33, please create the bootable USB with AOMEI Backupper to run the operation again.

• I presume this is still not fixed?  Any idea when it will be?

• edited November 2016

Nothing is fixed. There was only a very small update under the same version number (!) which repaired an inssue where one could not install the program under Win10 AU.

After that there was only silence: the driver signing issue still isn't resolved and the other major problem with with failure of the backup scheme is also still unsolved....

So still waiting for a major new version 4.0...

• @renehos For the win10 problem,We are happy that the EV certification is arrived, but Microsoftware company is auditing it. Please do not worry, this problem will be solved quickly, we will release the fixed verision ASAP. The 4.0 version will be released recently, hope thw microsoftware company will finish the check quickly so that this problem is solved in the latest 4.0 version.

• Ah, nice to hear. So that will maybe be a nice Xmas present... :)