Home AOMEI Products Support

Latest bootable disc - WinPE - no mouse

edited November 2015 in AOMEI Products Support
I installed Win 10, made a Win PE boot disc, but when I came to restore, there was no mouse and no reaction from the keyboard. Tried this a number of times but always the same. I restarted Windows and made a Linux boot disc, but this time 2 of my SATA drives weren't recognised, and of course my image files were on one of them. Luckily I kept a copy of the WinPE boot disc made with Win 7 and that one works perfectly. Anyone else had problems with Win 10 and Backupper?

Comments

• On a Dell PC running Windows 10 (32 bit) I created a PE boot image in which I included the network card drivers for the Dell (required to access a backup image on a network drive) and USB 3 drivers for a second PC that runs Windows HE (64 bit).

I use a flash drive to boot either machine without problems.

• When you create the Win PE bootable disk you can select Add Drivers option to choose the drivers you want to add then the drivers can be recognized.

• On my virtual computers mouse worked, both MBR and UEFI bootable disks. I suggest to try using an USB2 port, or turn off (if possible) USB3.

• Thanks for the replies. Mouse and keyboard are both on USB2 ports. O/S was Win 10 Pro, but I am back on Win 7 Pro, so I will carry on using the CD I made with this O/S. If I get time, I will upgrade my other computer to Win 10 Pro and see if I get the same problem or not. Will see about turning off USB3 as I only have USB2 hardware.

Any thoughts on why the HDD were not recognised by the Linux CD? I have 6 drives installed - 1 SDD, 4 SATA connected to the MB and 1 SATA connected by USB. 2 of the 4 SATA connected to the MB weren't recognised.

• Sorry for the inconvenience.

When you create bootable disk you can choose the Add Drivers option to add your external drivers then you can use it.

As for the Linux CD did not recognized your HDD,may I ask under the Windows environment if our software can recognize your HDD?