Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei Backupper server3.1 Scheduled task doesn't work

Since the upgrade from Aomei Backupper Server 2.8 to 3.1 we are experiencing some issues on some of our servers. We use the Aomei software and Windows Task scheduler onseveral servers to schedule the backups.

However,for some reasons the software was unable to take backups for the last two days.

When I look at the log files it says there was a connection error, but another server can use the same backup destination (in another time frame) without any problems.

On all theservers the Windows tasks and the Aomei Backupper service are using the same domain admin account (replaced in the log files with ***)

Attached you can find the log file from two servers. I could not find a crash dump file on all the servers.

In the event viewer I’ve found the following errors at the time the backup should start:

Error 1:

Faulting application name: Backupper.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp:0x55baec02

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18869, time stamp:0x55636317

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003334f

Faulting process id: 0xf1c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0e8d63ae235a0

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEIBackupper\Backupper.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 7f558a8e-54c9-11e5-8372-00155d000a02

Error 2:

Faulting application name: Backupper.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp:0x55baec02

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18869, time stamp:0x55636317

Fault offset: 0x0002e3fe

Faulting process id: 0x828

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0e80d107ff4ca

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEIBackupper\Backupper.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 612b1f7a-5400-11e5-b95c-00155d000a02

Also when Itry to open the application manually, I receive an error (see log43.txt)

Note: the log says we are using version 2.8, but we are actually using version 3.1

imageProblem_Aomei.zip

Comments

• edited September 2015

I've now changed the configuration so the backups should run with the Backupper Service, but no the program doesn't even start. 

Can somebody help us with this issue please?

• Same problem here, solved for me as follow:

- set the compatibilty of the task in task scheduler to "Win7 , ..." , (Tab General-> configure for ...)

- select "Run whether user is logged on or not". " Option 'run only when user is logged on' produces problems.

- provide an account name/password. You're asked when you close the dialogue.

That solved it for my "Backupper professionell" version.

When I inspected the crash at bit more in detail, it appears that the GUI lib of QT crashes. It does not get the permission to display on screen. Just an educated guess !

Good luck !

Gerd

• edited September 2015

set the compatibilty of the task in task scheduler to "Win7 , ..." , (Tab General-> configure for ...)  --> DONE

select "Run whether user is logged on or not". " Option 'run only when user is logged on' produces problems. > DONE

provide an account name/password. You're asked when you close the dialogue. -> DONE

Same errors in the event viewer problem. When I start the Windows task manually the program doesn't start. Everything is running under the domain admin account, so the user has enough rights.

I've also disabled and enabled the "Scheduled task" option again. I've also created all the tasks from scratch, but nothing seems to work. 

Another remark: why does it have to take so long for someone from the support team helps us with this issue? We've paid a lot of money for the licenses, but we don't get any help.

• set the compatibilty of the task in task scheduler to "Win7 , ..." , (Tab General-> configure for ...)  --> DONE

select "Run whether user is logged on or not". " Option 'run only when user is logged on' produces problems. > DONE

provide an account name/password. You're asked when you close the dialogue. -> DONE

Same errors in the event viewer problem. When I start the Windows task manually the program doesn't start. Everything is running under the domain admin account, so the user has enough rights.

I've also disabled and enabled the "Scheduled task" option again. I've also created all the tasks from scratch, but nothing seems to work. 

Another remark: why does it have to take so long for someone from the support team helps us with this issue? We've paid a lot of money for the licenses, but we don't get any help.

• Hi

Does anyone know the purpose of the file qtcore4.dll?

When looking in the eventvwr I can see the following error when starting the scheduled task manually:

Faulting application name: Backupper.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55baec02

Faulting module name: QtCore4.dll, version: 4.7.0.0, time stamp: 0x50175727

Fault offset: 0x0001c9f8

Faulting process id: 0x89c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0f4ac721632d4

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI Backupper\Backupper.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI Backupper\QtCore4.dll

Report Id: b7932e39-609f-11e5-b95c-00155d000a00