Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Backupper Technician 3.1

edited August 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

Even with the latest release, we are unable to send notifications over SMTP. Neither over AOMEI SMTP server, nor with internal SMTP servers?

Has anybody here sucessfully send SMTP notifications over internal SMTP servers? I am waiting to use this since AOMEI Backupper 2.5 ?

Regards,

DiWi

Comments

• Hi DiWi,

Are you able to use the servers to send test message? What model of your receving sever you are using? And What model of sending server you use to send the email? Please tell us the details, so we can duplicate the problem and analyze what caused the problem. 

• I am able to send notifications via telnet.exe. The receiving server is a Windows Server 2003 system, the sending server is a Windows 2008 R2 server.

Regards,

DiWi

• I have been able to get email notifications to work through the aomei server on both server edition 2.8 and technician edition 3.1. It's actually an http post request to an amoei web application (php/mailcomm/index.pdpl) which resides at www.aomeitech.com. This web application then generates the smtp to send the email notification. The web application works ok, but I've encountered a few situations where it returns an HTTP 200 OK but has the text "failed" in the http response and no email is received, even though I can send email from my phone at the same time and it is received. However, I have not been able to get email notifications to our internal smtp server to work. Using wireshark I've verified the amoei application is not even attempting  to connect to our smtp server nor generating any smtp requests, even though I've configured it to do such via the gui. I can manually connect to the smtp server and wireshark captures the tcp handshake. I've logged this issue with amoei support a little over 2 weeks ago and am waiting for some feedback. Can anybody at aomei provide some status on this issue? We purchased the technician edition which is supposed to provide "some" support. I need to provide some kind of status to my management on this issue and have sent a few emails to aomei requesting status but have received no responses. Even though the amoei web application for sending email notifications (mostly) works, for networking security reasons we prefer to use our internal smtp server but cannot because we cannot get aomei backupper to even attempt to connect to our smtp server. Has anyone else been able to get smtp to an internal smtp server to work? - Ed

• Same here with Backupper Pro 3.1: no attempt to connect to internal SMTP server at all, just the failure message coming up immediately! Extremely annoying!

--erwe

• Ed, erwe,

What the model of the server you used to send the email notification? We are collecting the server models you use, so we can do more testing.