Home AOMEI Products Support

Difference between "System backup" and "Partition backup" of system partition?

When I start Data Backupper v3.0 there are various options on the tab "Backup".

Among them there is "System backup" and "Partition Backup".

So assume I have

- a primary partition C: on my hard disk which holds Windows 7

- a primary hidden partition for an inactive "reserve" windows 7

- two (logical) partitions D: and E: which contain some file/picture/movie/program archives.

So when I do a "System "Backup" then it seems to me that it is the same as if I would do a "Partition backup" of Partition C:

Is this correct or are there some more differences?

Peter

Comments

• The difference between System Backup and Partition Backup of partition C: is that if you make a partition backup, the system will not boot after you restore.

• I have a question concerning the system backup feature.   I've noticed that when selecting a System Backup to start, all I get is the Win 7 hidden and "c:" partitions.   My system is similar to the op's where I have and additional drive "D:" that I want to backup along with the system partitions.   Is this possible ?

• system backup only cover drives uses by windows.. so the hidden 99Mb and main OS drive.

• Yes, there is no way to add extra partitions to a system backup.  So am I correct to assume that to have complete recovery, one has to perform a "System Backup", followed by another run for the remainder of the "Data Partitions" ?