Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Backupper Schedule Problems and Email Notification Issues

I am evaluating AOMEI Backupper Professional Version 2.8 (30 day trial) for use in our company but I cannot seem to get the scheduled tasks working.  I'm installing it on computers running Windows 7 Professional SP1 with latest patches which belong to a domain.  I'm configuring it to back up to a Synology NAS unit and email me the results.  I've configured it for a Full Backup of the hard drive (500GB) with it keeping the last three backups and to run in the evening.  Here are my issues:

- When I run the backup manually it works properly.  However when I schedule the backup to run using Windows Task Scheduler nothing happens at the set time and I cannot find the task when I open the Windows Task Manager.  When I check the logs nothing is recorded.  I've tried this a couple of times on three different computers.

- When I unselect the "Use the Windows Task Scheduler" it will at least run at the desired time.  Is this a known issue?  I checked Services and Task Scheduler is running.  I was also able to set up a task on Task Scheduler that ran with no problem.

- I found that Backupper would not use an email relay server we have set up remotely on the Internet that was configured to use port 80 (needs login name and password but no encryption).  I confirmed that the computer could use it by using the command line program sendemail.exe (this verified it wasn't being blocked) but Backupper would fail when sending a test message using the same settings.  However when I configured it using our Internet Provider's email server (port 465 using login/password and SSL) it would work.  I'm assuming Backupper's email setup does not like non-standard ports.

- The message I received looks like it was formatted for HTML but Outlook treated it as text so all the markup commands were visible making the message difficult to read.  I would recommend sending plain text messages.

I'm throwing this out there as I evaluate Backupper for use in our small company with the idea that if I can get it to work I'll get the Technician Plus license.

Comments

• As an update I finally got it to create a task in Task Scheduler.  Apparently it didn't like it when the computer was signed in using a domain login (as administrator) but when it was logged in locally the task showed up in Task Scheduler.  When I switched back to the domain login the task was still there but it didn't run.  I then went into Task Scheduler and changed the user to the domain user and it worked.

I've also been trying to use our remote email relay through port 80 but no luck.  However I've set up an email account that I can use to have the notifications sent through using SSL (port 465) and that is working.