Home AOMEI Products Support

Restore - Backup List. How to remove entries?

I generally keep 2 generations of a disk backup so after creating a third I manually delete the folder on the server containing the oldest backup.

However, this doesn't appear to remove the entry from Restore - Backup List. There are entries there going back a few years but the actual backup doesn't exist.

Could you please explain how to delete these entries and how old backups should be removed so the Backup List is accurate?

Thanks.

Comments

• After a little searching I have found the file containing details of backups. They are stored in C:\ProgramData\AomeiBR\tasks2.2.xml.

However, I am reluctant to manually edit this file. Would appreciate some advice so I can keep my backups tidy. image

• Ah. Just spotted under Home - Backup name - Advanced. Option to delete backup.

Presumably that will tidy up tasks2.2.xml and delete the selected backup.

• I think you're right ... that Delete Backup in Advanced merely deletes the tasks.  It does not actually the backup file itself, which I believe you can reassociate with the AOMEI UI.  But I haven't done it in a while.

• edited May 2015

It does delete the backup too. Wouldn't be much use if it didn't. image

• It does delete the backup too. Wouldn't be much use if it didn't.

• If you spot under Home - Backup name - Advanced Option to delete backup, it will remove the entry from Restore. You can delete the task name under C:\ProgramData\AomeiBR\tasks2.2.xml.

• When I choose Delete Backup from the advanced menu it gives me the option to delete the entry or the backup too. I always choose both. Don't want to be editing tasks2.2.xml manually. image

• Well,

In my free version of Backupper I could not find any option to delete backups so I deleted the unneeded backup in the partition where it was located, hoping that would do the job.

It deleted the backup but the entry was still in the list of backups.

I found the tasks2.2.xml file and created a bcackup copy and then another copy in a different folder and edited that to eliminate the backup entry for the partition where the backup had been deleted.  That part was easy because each backup had its own clearly defined set of entries.

When I tried to replace the tasks2.2.xml file with the one I edited I was not permitted to do so.

So I deleted the original file in order to move the new one into folder, having named it the same in a separate folder.

Instead a new tasks2.2.xml file appeared with minimum information and the replacement was denied.  Now all my backups (fortunately just a few so far) are unavailable.

I tried all the usual changing of permissions etc. and nothing worked.  I rebooted the pc to make sure backupper was not running but still no go.

How can I substitute my edited file, or a copy of the original (which I had saved)?

Many thanks for any help you might provide!