Home AOMEI Products Support

problem with backupper restoring and i get automatic repair and drive is locked

i used aome backupper v2.2 to backup my ssd drive on drive C and have had no problems restoring over the last few months .... Yesterday i decided that i would do a factory reset on my hp envy pc , so i fed it the 3 hp envy disks and it formatted my drive and resinstalled my os ... after doing this and laboued with putting my usual stuff on , i then decided i would revert back to how it was .. i ran aome backupper v2.2 and went about restoring and the pc rebooted and i got the automatic repair screen and it went to the blue screen and gave me the windows 8 options to restore etc and i was then told that the drive is locked . i then reinstalled my hp disks and then tried again with the same result and now i cant use my backup i made a couple of months ago , i even tried it with the latest release of backupper .. i am now in the process of installing a fresh with the 3 hp disks but am reluctant to do a backup incase i back it all up and do a restore and back to square one .... the trouble with the 3 factory hp disks is that it formats the drive and i am wondering if the drive is getting muddled because the info on the hidden partitions id different to when i did my first backup which worked flawlessly restoring until i did a factory reset

Comments

• You can use a bootable disk made by Backupper 2.5 to do system restore. Before starting restore, check the option Restore system to other location.