Home AOMEI Products Support

Cannot backup to network shares or mapped drives from a virtual machine

edited April 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

After reading great reviews about AOMEI Backupper I installed it in a Windows 7 virtualbox virtual machine. I intended to choose a shared folder on the host computer which is accessible from within the virtual machine as a network share: \\vboxsvr\mybackups . This share is also mapped to a drive letter and can be accessed from within the virtual machine as Z:\.

To my diasppointment, drive Z: was not available in AOMEI Backupper under 'Computer', and when I tried to add it as a Share / NAS Device using \\vboxsvr\mybackups I got a "failed to access the network path" error message.

The share is accessible from withing windows both in the form of a network share and using the drive letter and is writable. Other applications can see it and write to it. Why isn't accessible to AOMEI Backaupper?

Comments

• What version are you using? You can try the latest version, Backupper 2.5.

• I am using it. I downloaded the current version and installed it today.

• Sorry about that. You may try to unmap Z: drive and add it as a network share.

• Thanks. That makes no difference. Neither network shares nor mapped drives are accessible to Backupper. Other applications can access these locations without any problem.