Home AOMEI Products Support

Restore device problem

Hi 

Just done my first System backup and restore - fine.

I did have a problem initiallly. I backed up to a 3TB External usb Samsung Hard Drive device. When I treid to restore, it got as far as the DOS process and quit because the external drive was not visible to the computer. However when I copied the backup file to an old 640GB drive, the tried the restore it worekd fine.

Is my system configured incorrectly so that at DOS your restore program doesn't recognise an external usb drive over a certain size?

Any advice please?

Thanks, Ken

Comments

• since you can backup to that external hard drive, I don't think it's a problem of recognization over a certain size. You can use chkdsk command to check if there are some errors in your external drive. If no errors, reinstalling Backupper might fix the problem.

• To go above 2 GB, you'd need to use GPT partition style.  Some operating systems don't recognize that partition table style, so depending on your environment, it may not have recognized that drive.  If it's partitioned MBR with partitions 2 GB or smaller it would work if that's the issue you ran into.