Home AOMEI Products Support

unable to install aomei backupper

Hi, I'm trying to install Aomei Backupper and I get errors, abort, ignore, retry.  error code 5.  Does anyone know how I can make sure its completely uninstalled (It may have been installed in the past or a system restore left some files?) and do a re install.

the error message is c:\Program Files (x86)AOMEI Backupper Standard Edition 2.2\mfc80.dll      An error occured while trying to replace the existing fle 

DeleteFile failed: code 5.

Access is denied.

Click retry to try again, ignore to skip this fiile (not recommended) or Abort to cancel installation.

When skipped it happens on other files also.  I'm running Windows 7.

thanks

Comments

• the error message is c:\Program Files (x86)AOMEI Backupper Standard Edition 2.2\mfc80.dll      An error occured while trying to replace the existing fle 

DeleteFile failed: code 5.

Access is denied.

Click retry to try again, ignore to skip this fiile (not recommended) or Abort to cancel installation.

When skipped it happens on other files also.  I'm running Windows 7.

Mike

• Miketurner201,

Are you reinstalling over an older installation?  That is what the error messages would suggest.  If so, try uninstalling the existing version first.  Also, when Backupper installs, it creates a scheduling service for automated backups.  I'd suggest checking your services control panel applet (it's under administrative tools in the control panel) to ensure that nothing labeled Aomei is running at the moment you want to install.