Home AOMEI Products Support

Back-Upper Post System Crash

Hello,

Help would be appreciated. I have a Win 8.1 HP Laptop that crashed recently.  The drive tools report the drive is fine but it needed re-formatting. I don't exactly know about partitions etc but I used a programme from boot that partitioned the drive and formatted to NTFS.  I have tried booting using a Win 7 CD but it fails when looking for the hard drive. It says can't install windows to that drive.  I made a back-up of my previous drive using AOMEI system-back up and have a large (400gb) file sat on my external HDD.  My question is, can I install this image onto my HDD -if so how, as Windows was erased from the disk?

Do I need toc create a boot CD on another PC to point it to this back up that I saved?

Many thanks

Comments

• Grimweasel,

I'd have to guess as to what is going on with your partition, but to answer about the backup, yes.  If you've got another computer that you can create a bootable medium from (CD, DVD or USB), then do so.  You should be able to restore the image you've got saved on an external medium (again, optical, external hard drive or USB flash).