Home AOMEI Products Support

Press A, Press It Again, Keep Pressing It Ad Infinitum!

edited September 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi All

I'm dreaming of a One Key Recovery for an old Dell Latitude C610 Laptop I've refurbished since the original Dell Recovery CD went AWOL.  I'm running Windows Home Edition SP3 with a Pentium III and sporting a Hitachi HTS541616J9AT00 160Gb drive and 1Gb RAM.

After what seemed like days of loading software including Windows AIK (with updates) I worked out how to create a usable recovery partition successfully. 

I did a successful Recovery but only from within Windows.  Can't get it to work from boot. 

If I Press A on startup to 'Press A to enter into AOMEI Recovery Environment' nothing happens.  It just flashes the question again.  I've tried holding the A key down but again it doesn't boot into the Recovery Environment.

Is there something I'm missing?  Am I solid bone from the neck up? 

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Hi GJ,

Sorry to bring you the inconvenience! It isn't your problem but the software's. We have already found this and are working hard to solve it. You may wait for a new version with the problem solved. 

Sorry again for that. If you have any further question about any of our products, please feel free to ask us; we appreciate it very much!

Thanks

• It's official.  I am not an idiot after all.  Truly enlightening.

Many thanks.