Home AOMEI Products Support

Unable to change Boot Manager to new Migrated OS on added SSD

"If your system drive is GPT, in UEFI BIOS Boot Options Manager, you can easily change the boot sequence, delete, backup&restore, and refresh the boot options."
1. I have a Mini PC with an original 128GB SSD (C:), Win 11 Pro.
2. Recently added a 1TB SSD (D:) to the available slot.
3. Yesterday I MIGRATED the OS to the 1TB SSD - all appeared OK.
4. Today I have spent several hours trying to change the Boot Manager from Boot0000 to Boot0001 to no avail. This includes backing up the C: Boot Manager (Boot0000).
5. I have taken a look at "Enter UEFI BIOS config . . . " and this did seem to provide a possibile solution with an "Override . . . " option which I did not choose to use.
I trust the attached screen shots (snips) help with a solution or anything I am doing incorrectly :- (
Tagged:

Comments

• edited April 2
    "3. Yesterday I MIGRATED the OS to the 1TB SSD - all appeared OK."
    Which migration method and settings did you use in Backupper?
    Please try again, and use BU > system backup with universal restore setting > system restore.
    If you want to change WindowsOS boot order, then you will want to check the Windows BCD boot settings in
    Cmd > msconfig
    UEFI boot order, and Windows BCD boot order are separate, different settings.
    You could also check your UEFI settings directly.

• @Ozdroggy, "Today I have spent several hours trying to change the Boot Manager from Boot0000 to Boot0001 to no avail."---The Boot0001 can't boot? Or, the computer still boot from Boot0000?