Home AOMEI Products Support

Restore BIOS based system image on UEFI based PC

I purchased an AOMEI Backupper Pro license this week for the sole purpose of restoring the system from my old PC to a new PC without having to reinstall all my software.

The source computer is a 2010 PC (Gigabyte motherboard, Phenom II processor) running Windows 10 with BIOS and MBR partitions. The latest BIOS update does not offer UEFI even though the new computer is indeed UEFI.
So I followed step by step the procedure "Effective method to restore BIOS backup on UEFI PC" proposed by AOMEI. After several attempts, having checked "Universal restoration", once the restoration has been carried out on the new PC, I systematically find myself on the UEFI interface upon reboot. The M2 SSD that contains the image from my old system is still recognized by UEFI but does not boot (it is not available in the boot order).
Thank you for your help.

Comments

• edited February 18
    Thank you, Mailoman. Backupper is a good software to clone from old PC to dissimilar new PC. Please reply with a screenshot from Partition Assistant. Please also screenshot:
    Cmd
    Diskpart
    list disk
    select disk #
    list partition
    list volume
    detail disk
    Aomei Free Downloads
    https://www.aomeitech.com/download.html
    Uninstall free version to get 50% off Paid Version. Please do not use PA-PreOS Mode.

• @Mailoman, The restored disk still is GPT? Did you perform the restore via WinPE bootable media? Please boot from WinPE again to check the restored disk and take a screenshot so that we check.