Home AOMEI Products Support

No clearcut answers when using "free" backupper

Spent a couple hours looking for an answer that SHOULD be answered everywhere from AOMEI.

Simple question, required direct simple answer:

If on win 8.1 the OS gets screwed up and won't boot, so you cannot load your "backup" program because the system won't boot and aomei is dependent on a BOOTING windows OS.

So is there a way using FREE AOMEI software to boot the computer and restore a good image of the OS on the hard drive?  I already created a boot usb using backupper, but it has no aomei program on it. What good is it to boot if  I can't load backupper to restore the "good image". I don't have a windows install cd and I'm not going to go begging to microsoft for a approved usb program to load windows. So your aomei "backupper" program is worthless if your system does not boot.

Can a dos boot disk load the aomei backupper to restore the backed up OS image? I will refrain from expressing my opinon on all these so-called backup programs.

Comments

• @Newcustomerup2you, You can use AOMEI Backupper (free) to create a WinPE bootable USB on a working computer, then boot the "damaged" computer from WinPE USB to restore backup. Please refer to: https://www.ubackup.com/help/create-bootable-disk.html
    " I already created a boot usb using backupper, but it has no aomei program on it."---Have you created the WinPE bootable media? What mean is "no aomei program"? Could you take screenshots so that we check?