Home AOMEI Products Support

Sync is missing files and folders

I've been using AOMEI BackUpper for several years now and have been very happy with it. I have set up to do a daily sync and a monthly backup.  In the past, everytime I needed to find a previous version of a file, I was able to look in the synced folder and find whatever file I needed. 
Today, however, I accidentally deleted a file and needed to get the original from the synced version.  However, when I went to the synced folder I was surprised to discover that out of the 8 subfolders that were in the original, only ONE of those subfolders existed on the synced version.  This has never happened before and I'm flummoxed as to what could cause it and what I need to do about it. How can I find out why AOMEI did not sync these particular folders?  How do I get it to sync them now?  How can I tell if this has happened to other synced folders?
I am using the BASIC AOMEI and this is a daily scheduled sync, not a real-time sync.
Also - is it possible to restore a singled file from the monthly backup?  When I go to it I'm not sure if there will be an option to choose a single file- it looks like the whole thing must be restored (which doesn't help me much).
Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Comments

• edited January 21
    "Is it possible to restore a singled file from the monthly backup"
    "How can I find out why AOMEI did not sync these particular folders?"
    Please reply with a screenshot of the original and target partition. Upload your Log File here, or you may email it to Aomei privately.
    Uninstall free version to get 50% off Paid Version
    Tech Support
    [email protected]

• Thank you for responding.  Unfortunately, the link you sent me was not at all helpful.  I don't think monthly backups are done as images - I think that is only applicable for system images, which I did not do.  Even so, the printscreens on that link only show restoring the entire image, which absolutely is not what I want.  I only want to restore a single file.  You also did not give any instructions for finding the log file, so I have no idea how to upload that.

I just looked at the synced folder again, and apparently it has fully synced - unfortunately to the CURRENT folder, which doesn't have the file I accidentally deleted.  So it looks like my file is permanently gone. 

This means that I still have a mystery - why did AOMEI fail to sync my files yesterday?  What could have caused that behavior?

Any help that you could give would be most appreciated.
    Peace
    CJ

• edited January 22
    Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. When you say "monthly backup" which type of backup are you doing each month? Please include screenshots in your reply.
  • @Cjrhoads, lf the backup image file is .adi, you can explore the backup image to virtual partitions, then copy the file you need. Please refer to: https://www.ubackup.com/help/explore-image.html
    If it is a file backup (.afi), you can select a single file to restore.
  • It's frustrating when sync fails to include all files and folders. This issue undermines the reliability of the syncing process, leading to potential data loss and disruptions. A robust syncing system is crucial for efficient collaboration and data management. Urgent attention is needed to address this issue and ensure a seamless experience for users. o:)

• @sarika78, "It's frustrating when sync fails to include all files and folders."---Could you give us a detailed description of your questions?