Home AOMEI Products Support

How do I prevent Backupper to allow PC Sleep on all functions?

My scheduled backups work fine, will hold off Win11 auto-sleep fine. Other functions do not, like a manual backups or maybe a Clone job. Anything I do manually will allow Win Sleep, and of course shows fail on wake-up. Is there a Backupper settings switch to keep the PC awake for all functions?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello Jeeper, thank you for your question. I do not know a way to prevent your PC from sleeping when BU is performing a backup. If your goal is power efficiency, you could go to Windows settings, and have monitor turn off fast, but hard drive/PC sleep take much longer, such as 2 hours.
  • @JeeperDon, Sorry that we don't quite understand your issue. Could you explain it further?
  • Admin, Sorry for the delay getting back...

I have Manual backup routines that I occasionally use, not Scheduled.  I also have Scheduled daily backups.  The Scheduled ones start automatically, wake from sleep is necessary, and prevent sleep if it takes long.  The Manual backups do not prevent sleep. 

My PC habits and sleep times fit fine with me in every way, except with AMOEI Manual backups.  Is there a setting to prevent sleep on Manual backups?
  • edited October 2023
    Jeep, I did not find a button to prevent Sleep in the app, or in the BU manual. You could change your Windows Power settings yourself, or you could use BU WinPE USB.
    Backupper WinPE USB:
    Add custom drivers, such as NVMe, if necessary. Does not work with some monitors.
    https://www.ubackup.com/help/create-bootable-disk.html
    Aomei WinPE 2.0 Builder USB:
    Partition Assistant, Backupper, Recuva, 7zip, OSF Mount, CPU-Z, Bootice, diskmgmt.msc. Does not support any additional drivers, such as some internal NVMe disks.

• Try insomnia from https://dlaa.me/Insomnia/ While active, it blocks sleep, but allows blanking the display.
  • @JeeperDon, "The Manual backups do not prevent sleep"----Do you mean that when manually running a backup, the computer automatically sleeps, thus interrupting the backup?
    Under normal circumstances, when the backup process is running, it will prevent the computer from entering sleep.
    Can you take a screenshot of your computer's sleep settings?